Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,072 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for OB/Gyns & hospitals in any of the above areas that assist with natural birth and have time for patient's questions!! I'm still in my first trimester. My preference is manchester/vernon/ s. windsor but am open to other nearby areas too.

I've visited Women's Health Group @ E Center St Manchester (affiliation Manchester Memorial hospital)... initial appointments have been with the nurse mid-wife who NEVER has much time for answering questions. I was told the doctor won't see me till sometime in the 2nd trimester. Is this normal!?? Another turnoff is the unclean patient room!! The place is old I understand but I'm sorry, what does it take to change a heavily stained carpet!! If anyone had good reviews for the doctor I'm still open to giving them a chance.

Some other options are:
OB/GYN Group of Manchester - its a group of 7-8 doctors. I've read extreme reviews about them some good and some terrible. Need some more to make up my mind. Also want to know how it works out with different (random) doctors seeing us every time until delivery (at least I'll get to see a doctor I guess!!) .. has anyone used their services recently with good results?

Manchester OB/GYN @ W center street? they're listed as a smaller grp of docs. Has anyone tried them?

Any reviews or other ob/gyn recommendations will be very helpful!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 AM

103 posts, read 427,982 times
I don't have an OB/GYN in that area but can suggest a good pediatrician - in South Windsor Dr. Sutay & Stewart.

My experience with my OB/GYN was similar - all the doctors in the group saw me. I didn't mind it actually. The day I delivered, I at least saw a doctor I had met with before.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:10 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Are you willing to travel to West Hartford? If so, I've got a guy for you -- he's all sorts of terrific when it comes to GYN stuff (and, although not from experience, I imagine he's a great OB guy too).

Let me know if WH is OK and I'll give you his contact info.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springroll View Post
I'm looking for OB/Gyns & hospitals in any of the above areas that assist with natural birth and have time for patient's questions!! I'm still in my first trimester. My preference is manchester/vernon/ s. windsor but am open to other nearby areas too.

I've visited Women's Health Group @ E Center St Manchester (affiliation Manchester Memorial hospital)... initial appointments have been with the nurse mid-wife who NEVER has much time for answering questions. I was told the doctor won't see me till sometime in the 2nd trimester. Is this normal!?? Another turnoff is the unclean patient room!! The place is old I understand but I'm sorry, what does it take to change a heavily stained carpet!! If anyone had good reviews for the doctor I'm still open to giving them a chance.

Some other options are:
OB/GYN Group of Manchester - its a group of 7-8 doctors. I've read extreme reviews about them some good and some terrible. Need some more to make up my mind. Also want to know how it works out with different (random) doctors seeing us every time until delivery (at least I'll get to see a doctor I guess!!) .. has anyone used their services recently with good results?

Manchester OB/GYN @ W center street? they're listed as a smaller grp of docs. Has anyone tried them?

Any reviews or other ob/gyn recommendations will be very helpful!!
Dr. Hofrichter delivered our second child, and while a bit quirky up front, she's the best Dr I have been around in a birthing room. She seemed to go beyond what other doctors I've seen do during and after delivery. My wife did a natural birth as well.

So in the end the "quirky" doctor turned out to be veeery knowledgable about what she does, and is a warm nice person just a little reserved.

Yes my wife got the same unconventional responses, but in the end I know understand why. IMO she puts her focus on patient care and not so much hand holding. IOW, she'll be at the hospital before you, have everthing ready to go, and is there long after your birth to make sure all is well. I'm sure if there is a problem, she would see you right away. I personally appreciate that over a Dr chasing their tail to see everyone on a whim and running late to the hospital or not being able to tend to a real emergency etc.

Please keep in mind this is from a guys perspective as well.

Best of luck.

Edit: This Dr is at the Womans Health Group on E Center.

Last edited by JViello; 09-21-2010 at 07:28 AM..

Old 09-26-2010, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,072 times
Thank you all for your responses!! Wow.. I didnt expect so many replies so soon.. This is very helpful & I'm amazed by this forum!!

@ Jessica B - Thanks for the pediatrician recommendation - if not now, it will be useful in future anyways! Abt the OB/Gyns - Seeing different docs may not be bad then... good to know..

@ D&J - Thanks for the WH info, but currently I'm thinking it may be a bit far for me. My first preference is something near manchester/ vernon area.. I'll think about this option & will reach out to you for the contact if I decide to go for it...

@ JViello - Thanks for the frank review! This is very helpful and a good ray of hope... & although it comes from a guy, its your wife who delivered so it is a valuable one. I'll definitely take this into consideration in making my decision.

Will keep you folks posted on how it goes further.... thanks again for the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut