Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2006, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,150 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking about moving to Westport in about a year or so. Should we make that move, we will also be relocating our company headquarters. We will be looking for ~ 4,000 sq ft of office space and will have ~ 20 employees. I'm not sure if Westport is best to establish the office or if Norwalk may be a better bet for us - any feedback regarding commuting times, access to work force etc greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2006, 12:37 PM

34 posts, read 227,284 times
I don't know what kind of business you have but the Darien / Norwalk / Westport / Fairfield area is very nice. Your talent pool will mostly be professionals. You must be prepared to pay your employees accordingly since this is CT's gold coast and is the most expensive place in the state to live.

In return for the high cost of living, you receive some of the best schools in the nation for your employee's children, access to the shoreline, easy access to the mountains, easy access to NYC either by car or train, plenty of beautiful parks and community events. The area is very beautiful.

Commuting in this area can be bad. The Merritt Parkway (Rt 15) is a car only road meaning no semi's or large haulers as opposed to I95 which is a main route to the North. Unfortunately, I95 can be congested at all hours of the day while the Merritt is mostly during the morning and afternoon rush.

Sorry but I can comment on the office space situation.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:08 PM

92 posts, read 455,416 times
Fairfield, Norwalk or Stamford.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:00 PM

43 posts, read 276,912 times
Westport is a great town. It has wooded country areas as well as shorefront areas. The schools are terrific, the quality of life can't be beat. Metro North Railroad to NYC if you want it. Norwalk or Stamford would be a great location for your business. Many Fortune 500 companies in lower Fairfield County. Thriving business community.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:36 PM

439 posts, read 720,780 times
Westport is a swanky and glamorous town- and very pretty to boot- Paul Newman and other movie and entertainment icons live there- as far as office space- look to Stamford, Norwalk, Fairfield- Westport is mainly residential-as another writer said- costs are high enough for you to need oxygen.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,149 times
Westport is so snooty...........i hate westport!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:36 AM

954 posts, read 4,376,599 times
South Norwalk, has the best clam chowder I have ever had.
About all I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut