Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Just for you Jay, i stopped at the Shelton 5 Guys today. They're charging $6.59 for their cheeseburger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Dang, I remember when they first started showing up in CT - the prices were quite a bit lower.
I almost wish they would raise the price higher. I'm gonna be looking like a cheeseburger soon at this rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Had a cheeseburger at Five Guys in Brookfield this weekend and it was over $7. Was the first time having it in a while and now I remember why I avoided going back. Meh.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 PM

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Two Roads Brewery in Stratford is a pretty great place to visit.

A 104,000 square foot antique factory that's been turned into a large brewery. They have a gigantic tasting room that overlooks the brewing equipment. They do mostly contract brewing, but their own beers are pretty good - especially for a brand new offering.

They also have a food truck parked outside on most Saturdays.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM

547 posts, read 774,990 times
Quote:
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Two Roads Brewery in Stratford is a pretty great place to visit.

A 104,000 square foot antique factory that's been turned into a large brewery. They have a gigantic tasting room that overlooks the brewing equipment. They do mostly contract brewing, but their own beers are pretty good - especially for a brand new offering.

Two Roads Saison is great!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Had a cheeseburger at Five Guys in Brookfield this weekend and it was over $7. Was the first time having it in a while and now I remember why I avoided going back. Meh.
What was the problem?

Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 AM

228 posts, read 264,343 times
My favorite burger is the Smoke Shack burger at the Westport Shake Shack and now that is all I can think about.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
What was the problem?
I just don't find it to be terribly good. I think the weakest link is the bun. And they're not shy about grease. I prefer Shake Shack, In N Out, Jake's, etc.

Last edited by Stylo; 05-20-2013 at 09:48 AM..

Old 05-20-2013, 01:52 PM

627 posts, read 1,058,490 times
Quote:

Smart guys there. The brewmaster used to work at Southampton Brewery (they make a Double White Ale). Contract brewing is a good way to start: you build for a lot of volume, and then if your brews take off, you can turn down the contract brews and use that capacity for your own stuff. Other small breweries tend to get stuck in a corner where they build small, and then can't easily add capacity in the future.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:09 PM

71 posts, read 162,106 times
Quote:

Ohhh good to know. That won't be far from us in Wilton. DH is a home brewer and loves a good brewery. He already drove to Waterbury VT for a few cases of Heady Topper.

Stylo what other breweries are around and worth a trip?

Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnugget View Post
Two Roads Saison is great!
I've only tried Road 2 Ruin. I'd have to agree that it did ruin my taste buds for the rest of the evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut