Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 08:16 AM

34,934 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Raising this thread from the dead with a question

My dad worked at a AC Peterson. It was in a smaller strip mall I believe in Suffield?

Anyone remember it?
The original A C Petersen Farms restaurant was on Park Road in West Hartford. It’s still there and still serving great ice cream as well as burgers, sandwiches and other fare. We will go there before catching a show at the wonderful Park Road Playhouse next door. I don’t think any of the branches that were around are still in business but certainly check out the original. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 07:38 PM

696 posts, read 703,619 times
There was a Litchfield Farm Shop across the street from my elementary school in Bristol. When we were in fourth grade, my friend and I would save the money our moms gave us for milk (three or four cents per day) and use it on Friday for a double-scoop, mint chip ice cream cone to share on our walk home from school.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The original A C Petersen Farms restaurant was on Park Road in West Hartford. It’s still there and still serving great ice cream as well as burgers, sandwiches and other fare. We will go there before catching a show at the wonderful Park Road Playhouse next door. I don’t think any of the branches that were around are still in business but certainly check out the original. Jay
Already booked with the kids for The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley on June 2.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:54 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Sounds like what I believe way back was called The Farm Shop by Sears when it was in Orange.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:44 PM

251 posts, read 203,971 times
I remember The Farm Shop, the one they had in Branford. Great ice cream sundaes.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:57 PM

34,934 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Sounds like what I believe way back was called The Farm Shop by Sears when it was in Orange.
Yes, very similar to the Farm Shop. Jay

Old 03-10-2019, 05:54 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,976,191 times
Quote:

I remember AC Petersen's in Simsbury and Bloomfield as well. Those are all gone now, though they do have an AC Petersen drive-in ice cream and burger stand in Old Lyme now.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:26 AM

205 posts, read 162,483 times
Farm Shop was bought out by Friendly's. There was one on Queen St in Southington that is now the abandoned Bertucci's. For a while after the merger, the Farm Shop location was a Friendly's, so there were two Friendly's locations on either side of I-84 about 3/4 of a mile apart. The former Farm Shop location closed, while the other Friendly's survives to this day. I also remember a Farm Shop on Route 4 in Farmington in the plaza where Epicure is.

I remember for a while when AC Petersen's was bought out by Newport Creamery. Used to be a treat to stop there on the way home from Whalers games when I was a kid.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:57 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,561,204 times
Used to have a Friendly's on West Main Street in New Britain, across from the Greek church and near Walnut Hill Park. There also used to be one on Farmington Avenue (CT Route 372) in Berlin. It's some type of privately-owned diner or restaurant now.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:21 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Farm Shop was also located on Hopmeadow St. (Route 10) in downtown Simsbury. I had a friend that worked there for a while during high school. Right near the old Mesa East head shop. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut