Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:55 PM

21,765 posts, read 28,102,272 times

Advertisements

I find this hard to believe. The Danbury DMV office was just built not that long ago and is the best of the Fairfield County locations. That's going to be really inconvenient for residents there that have to register a new car, boat, motorcycle, etc. Or do anything that can't be done online. Norwalk is going to be CRAZY.

I'm glad Milford has its own little renewal office. In and out in minutes.

The problem with this state is that they'll shut down all these offices, make it even harder to communicate with a real human being and still charge the same exuberant amount of fees.

Edit: Office in Milford closing too. Awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 10:26 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
Enfield has always been the best DMV office for me. What doesn't make sense though is why are they closing a newer DMV like New Britian? I think that's only been open for 10 yrs or so.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 PM

Danbury was built around the same time. Real nice space. Too bad.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:44 AM

502 posts, read 1,392,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Enfield has always been the best DMV office for me. What doesn't make sense though is why are they closing a newer DMV like New Britian? I think that's only been open for 10 yrs or so.
We always went to Enfield also... everything always went smooth as silk and the workers were even pleasant and welcomed us to CT. Maybe if I can get up there fast enough I can slip in under the closing gate...

Last edited by itscolduphere; 07-15-2011 at 03:49 AM.. Reason: typing too fast....

Old 07-15-2011, 05:16 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,436,100 times
For anyone who missed this in the article. The photo licensing renewal centers in Middletown, Derby, and Milford will also close.

Well Malloy obviously chose to shut down things that would make people angry on purpose instead of getting rid of all the employees that JV mentioned that should have been eliminated because we wouldn't have noticed if those employees were gone and it wouldn't effect our lives.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:35 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,924,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itscolduphere View Post
We always went to Enfield also... everything always went smooth as silk and the workers were even pleasant and welcomed us to CT. Maybe if I can get up there fast enough I can slip in under the closing gate...
Willimantic is pretty good, not too many people use it and its fast. I suspect thats all going to change now...!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:38 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,010,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh02 View Post
well malloy obviously chose to shut down things that would make people angry on purpose instead of getting rid of all the employees that jv mentioned that should have been eliminated because we wouldn't have noticed if those employees were gone and it wouldn't effect our lives.
exactly

I KNEW this was going to happen. It's the usual fear/manipulation tactic used. If anyone...ANYONE thinks Malloy is some small government, reduce spending kind of guy they are smoking CRACK. This guy is a career politician with his sites set for a larger stage and ALL ABOUT big government.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:44 AM

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he was elected, but a move like this has put him on my s!#& list.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:54 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,087,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Well Malloy obviously chose to shut down things that would make people angry on purpose ...
Of course. It's textbook tactics for raising taxes.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:58 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
I'd be curious to see the specific list of cuts that you guys would recommend...

I'd like to see the list that has no impact on the convenience, security or qol of the people of Connecticut.

To scream for cuts, and then again scream the cuts (when made) are going to inconvenience you seems a little hypocritical to me.

So please, prove me wrong. Let's see your list of specifics. No more generalizations about a few middle managers who do nothing. Where do the millions upon million in savings come from?

Most DMV services are going online. The offices are an anachronism. In Texas I never stepped foot in the DMV once the primary services went online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut