Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 AM

502 posts, read 1,392,423 times

Advertisements

We're not supposed to get hit very badly here in the Triangle area of NC, and while I'm real glad not to be relocated back up in CT as of yet (never thought I'd say that!), I'm wishing you all a safe weekend - I'm thinking about my friends in the Hartford area, and all of you on CD... stay safe, prepare and take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 08:48 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itscolduphere View Post
We're not supposed to get hit very badly here in the Triangle area of NC, and while I'm real glad not to be relocated back up in CT as of yet (never thought I'd say that!), I'm wishing you all a safe weekend - I'm thinking about my friends in the Hartford area, and all of you on CD... stay safe, prepare and take care!
Wow..same here..heading back to CT soon but thinking ..not yet /.... They'll be fine up there Cambium has them well prepared

P.S. the weather buff in me wishes I was there there though..this will be a very unique event.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 AM

Yeah, I knew it would probably be pretty bad up there when I saw last evening that the Weather Channel sent Jim Cantore to NYC instead of Wrightsville Beach.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:55 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,421,006 times
FYI- Some coworkers mentioned this morning that some Stop & Shops and Walmarts are already out of bottled water. I went supply stocking this morning at BJs. Plenty of water and it looked like they had many pallets on hand. Gas lines are a little crazy at almost every station I passed. The cashier at BJs said it looked like Christmas Eve last night with all of the lines. If, like me, you are on well water and have no generator, get water sooner rather than later!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I knew it would probably be pretty bad up there when I saw last evening that the Weather Channel sent Jim Cantore to NYC instead of Wrightsville Beach.
Haha..my wife said the same thing..I had the weather channel on and she saw Cantore in NY and said uh-oh...thats the cross-hairs for this eye!! I think he should go over to Southern Long Island and stand on one of the dunes out there..give us a real feel for the weather..

Old 08-26-2011, 09:07 AM

I always thought they should sell a Jim Cantore action figure... complete with rain gear, LLBean mini snowshoes, the whole kit... my Nephew's a little weather geek and would absolutely love it!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I always thought they should sell a Jim Cantore action figure... complete with rain gear, LLBean mini snowshoes, the whole kit... my Nephew's a little weather geek and would absolutely love it!
Would make alot of money ! I'd get one...ever see the youtube video of the thunderlightning with him?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:10 AM

352 posts, read 781,141 times
Quote:
haha! That is a great idea!

Wasn't he in Rhode Island earlier this week?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Would make alot of money ! I'd get one...ever see the youtube video of the thunderlightning with him?
nope.. feel free to supply link...

wait i think i found that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=iJVqRYrkXWU

Old 08-26-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
nope.. feel free to supply link...
Did i say thunderlightning? What the hell did I mean by that??..I meant thundersnow...hahha

Here it is

enjoy

Jim Cantore... a Thundersnow Magnet? - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut