Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

What the F is going on...... I just came home from Stop & Shop amidst a rabid and impatient crowd of hooligan shoppers, with almost all aisles 80% empty, barring the expensive organic items, which is privy to us rich folks

This is insane. I survived the fricking 2004 Asian tsunami, can this be so bad??????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 08:45 PM

158 posts, read 371,356 times
Amazing images of Irene and the approaching system from Canada that is bound to interact moving her toward the East.

Mesmerizing.

Eastern U. S. - Water Vapor Loop (Flash) - Satellite Services Division/Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution

Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 PM

6 posts, read 7,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
What the F is going on...... I just came home from Stop & Shop amidst a rabid and impatient crowd of hooligan shoppers, with almost all aisles 80% empty, barring the expensive organic items, which is privy to us rich folks

This is insane. I survived the fricking 2004 Asian tsunami, can this be so bad??????????????
People are beginning to panic. Glad I made my groceries yesterday!

(I know...we said make groceries in N.O....meaning we are buying groceries!)

Old 08-26-2011, 08:51 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sparks View Post
Amazing images of Irene and the approaching system from Canada that is bound to interact moving her toward the East.

Mesmerizing.

Eastern U. S. - Water Vapor Loop (Flash) - Satellite Services Division/Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution
Actually that trough will not push it east...a bubble of high pressure would but that trough is why its pulling north!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Actually that trough will not push it east...a bubble of high pressure would but that trough is why its pulling north!
Yes, of course, not due east to sea but it has to move east a bit as well to hit the New England coast.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:05 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Keep in mind the Tornado threat is high during when rain bands move inland....The problem will be ; we'll think that the sound is a wind gust but it could be a Tornado coming.

Everyone should sign up for weather alerts to be sent as a text to their cell phone!
weather.com (no sprint) or accuweathercom or weatherusa.net.

It takes a few seconds to sign up for free. Alerts will be sent to phone regarding Tornado or weather warnings.

Why this isnt mandated frustrates me.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:17 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I'm somewhat late I guess. I worked out so happily and honestly I went to Stop & Shop to pick up coffee creamer, gourmet coffee beans & social tea biscuits and this is when the real world hit me. I have three big bottles of Arcadia spring water. That's it.

I stood there for 30 seconds not knowing how to react. Ce n'est pas correct

Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
I wont be posting much after tomorrow night.. I assume I'll be without power by Sunday morning.
We're 36hrs away now.
Should be raining tomorrow afternoon. Winds pick up in the evening and night...Then Sunday morning/Lunch time will be the worst of it.

My dog is gonna hate waking up to pee Sunday morning. Umbrella wont cut it.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:00 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm somewhat late I guess. I worked out so happily and honestly I went to Stop & Shop to pick up coffee creamer, gourmet coffee beans & social tea biscuits and this is when the real world hit me. I have three big bottles of Arcadia spring water. That's it.

I stood there for 30 seconds not knowing how to react. Ce n'est pas correct
Utt oh... We were going shopping tomorrow for some food. I hope they'll have some meats and chicken left. DW went shopping the other day but did not prepare for meals over the next couple of days. Oh well, I think we have a few things in the freezer. Jay

Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Oh well, I think we have a few things in the freezer.
They should be thawing nicely about dinner time Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut