Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,022 times

Advertisements

^ thats why I wasnt going crazy... I trust my cards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,155 times
Safe to say this storm has been a major bust imo.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:07 AM

56 posts, read 172,835 times
Ok I know this is probably a really dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway...do you think it will be safe to open windows just a little bit to let in some air? Right now my house is so stufffy. The wind here is not to bad yet not sure what to expect but the rain in actually pretty light.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:10 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmary View Post
Ok I know this is probably a really dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway...do you think it will be safe to open windows just a little bit to let in some air? Right now my house is so stufffy. The wind here is not to bad yet not sure what to expect but the rain in actually pretty light.
All my windows are open... if its not windy and not raining in. Why not

Old 08-28-2011, 08:30 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
What an epic bust. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but what we got is basically what I've been saying all along. How these morons on TV still have jobs is beyond me.

Lets see, I woke up with power, was able to go get the NY Post. Only thing I noticed is my backyard is flooded (which always happens when we get a lot of rain, not a big surprise), and some fallen tree branches. Roads are fine here, why everything in the town had to shut down god knows, but I guess everything should shut down in a rainstorm from now on. The gas station was open for the blizzard we had in December, but yet shuts down for some rain and wind, smh...

Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,847 times
I have had my front door open as well as 1 window the entire time, no worries. My friends on the south shore of Long Island got some major flooding but up here all I see are a few small trees down and we are without power, but another part of town has power. Overall way wayoverhyped trying to scare people. Only issue now is how long I will be without electric...

Old 08-28-2011, 08:39 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
That's pretty sad. I'm sure your tax paying neighbors appreciate it. And we wonder why our society is crumbling. Yes, I said it. You should be ashamed.

BIG rain right now, but this thing fizzled out. Oh well, I guess better to be prepared and not having anything happen than do nothing and get screwed. Maybe next time I'll not do anything and let the city rescue me.
Yes, I am horribly ashamed that I, one of those "tax-paying neighbors," can't afford to take down a tree that isn't dead, that I didn't plant there, and that wasn't thriving as we had assumed it would when we moved in.

I'm also ashamed that you, the superior human being of means, have not yet sent a check to help us out of our financial situation. And while you're at it, add another $10,000 for a new lawn. Our entire house was built on a sand lot in the 1950's (y'know, before I was born) and we just can't get the grass to grow.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
What an epic bust. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but what we got is basically what I've been saying all along. How these morons on TV still have jobs is beyond me.

Lets see, I woke up with power, was able to go get the NY Post. Only thing I noticed is my backyard is flooded (which always happens when we get a lot of rain, not a big surprise), and some fallen tree branches. Roads are fine here, why everything in the town had to shut down god knows, but I guess everything should shut down in a rainstorm from now on. The gas station was open for the blizzard we had in December, but yet shuts down for some rain and wind, smh...

Well, the ridiculous part was last night after NC landfall you could SEE the storm dying...yet not ONE "meteorologist " on TV let us know what was going on. We are watching the convection disappear and not one of em had the gutts to call it. They had to keep the hype machine going to the very end. If they said the storm was weakening and would be nothing more than a very strong winter noreaster they would have admitted failure and TV's would have been turned off.. Oh and as a side note, this storm WAS the real deal in North Carolina and Virginia they got hit hard with major flooding and damage. Up to that point the forecasts were dead on.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 AM

427 posts, read 1,387,840 times
Some sad news 1 death in my town Prospect downed wires caused a fire.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:53 AM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Coastal flooding.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut