Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times

Advertisements

Utility workers pelted with eggs after Bridgeport, Conn. mayor blasts provider | Fox News

Is this really happening? If it is, are they really that stupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 11:49 AM

240 posts, read 537,531 times
That's the dumbest thing that I have ever heard. I hope that the utility workers refuse to go back in there.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:54 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,424,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmo View Post
That's the dumbest thing that I have ever heard. I hope that the utility workers refuse to go back in there.
Agreed. Their names should be noted and stuck at the bottom of the power restoration list.

The good news is, every line crew I have seen out and about in the community have been treated like rock stars, as they should (people buy them coffee, sandwiches, I even saw one crew getting hugs!). Unfortunately, there are always a handful of ignorant a-holes at the ready.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmo View Post
If true, the article stated crews refused to return without police protection. He problem began with the mayor claiming the utility crews were working to restore power first to their wealthier neighbors instead of to his town. When crews arrived, people's anger came out. Most utility crews work to restore power to key places first including hospitals, nursing homes, water plants, and emergency services like police and firefighters. If you live on the same grid as those services, you'll get you're power back quickly. Happened to me after hurricane Lili because I lived near a nursing home. Soon as I had power, I called all my relatives and invited them to my one bedroom apartment. They had AC, hot water, and some refrigerator space for some of their foods until their power returned. They spent the day calling their house phone to see if their answering machine picked up. If it did, then they had electricity. You don't egg utility crews. You cheer them on!

Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Why the hell would you waste perfectly fine eggs and chuck them at the people trying to RESTORE. YOUR. POWER??

I hope no utility crews go back to that area, and the next time the power goes out there it stays out until someone feels sorry for them and goes back and restores it....hopefully after 2+ months if they do in fact do.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Line workers from all over the country have been mobilized to assist...

It is one of the positives showing people working together and neighbors helping neighbors.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Scummy, low class hood rats.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM

48 posts, read 91,776 times
Even if you are not satisified with the state utility companies, come on now NO ONE has the right to throw objects at these workers. These guys are putting in insane hours doing a dangerous job. If you have a problem focus your attention at correct party. This is nauseating.

I agree, place them at the bottom of the list. Its a disgrace.

When i see a lineman near our house Im going to extend a thank you and a beer, of course after its fixed

Old 11-02-2012, 01:06 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,614 times
Exclamation I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Scummy, low class hood rats.
probably more of the 47 percentile not getting what they feel they deserve.
They otta be arrested and fined.
Koale

Old 11-02-2012, 01:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Utility workers pelted with eggs after Bridgeport, Conn. mayor blasts provider | Fox News

Is this really happening? If it is, are they really that stupid?
This is where I would normally make a comment that would get me called a racist.

How stupid are people? If I had been the utility workers, I would have walked off the job and let the idiots suffer.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut