Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 AM

65 posts, read 133,810 times

Advertisements

Is there anything not Best Buy or PC Richard? I'd like to go in and browse through a good selection of motherboards, video cards, processors, SATA drives, SSDs and PSUs.

I know there is a MicroCenter in Boston/Cambridge, but I've already been over there twice this week and would rather stay local.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 08:06 AM

10 posts, read 33,252 times
Unfortunately Microcenter in Boston is your only real choice. If I need something quick I just order from Amazon using my Prime subscription. That gets it to me in 2 days for free or 1 day for $3.99. Their prices are about even with Newegg on most items.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
The only chains in the country that I know of that still sell components are Microcenter and Fry's. I'd love to see Microcenter come to Connecticut, but, I would guess we don't have population density tech scene they are looking for...

I agree-- order from Amazon or New Egg. Or better yet, get a Mac.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Or better yet, get a Mac.
That's not going to happen

Thanks for the input to the both of yous, it's frustrating, but all to much a reality anymore. I guess another day's wait won't kill me.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,010,973 times
The closest thing I can think of is Kaplan in Manchester, but I'm not sure how robust their inventory is. Give them a call would be my suggestion.

About Kaplan Computers

Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM

Nice, I'll check them out. Thanks JViello.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:09 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,010,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmebonner View Post
Nice, I'll check them out. Thanks JViello.
NP, it's a cool little place...just not sure how hard core they are for your needs.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:27 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
You could try "PC Warehouse" on the Silas Deane Hwy Wethersfield- it's next to Burger King on the same side of the street. They don't seem to have a large inventory to browse, but may have something if you need it TODAY. I have bought a PSU and a video card (for a P4 with an 8x AGP slot) from them in the past. Price on the PSU was comparable to what you can find online, the video card was $20 more, but that's the price you pay when you need in NOW.

This may be a franchise I'm not sure. They seem to cater more to the PC ignorant crowd than PC savvy consumers.
Give them a call first to see if they can meet your needs.

PC WAREHOUSE

Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 AM

293 posts, read 782,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
The closest thing I can think of is Kaplan in Manchester, but I'm not sure how robust their inventory is. Give them a call would be my suggestion.

About Kaplan Computers

I was going to recommend this as well. I usually shop components on NewEgg. But after getting a new video card in from Ebay I realized I needed two power connectors for it and my PSU only had one. So I luckily found Kaplan, which was open late on a Thursday, and the sales guy didn't try to get me into a ridiculous psu I didn't need, just sold me a 550w one that met my needs and was more decently priced than I expected.

I didn't look into other components, obviously don't expect a newegg selection, but certainly they're better than an electronics superstore or a Staples
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut