Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:00 PM

107 posts, read 189,100 times

Advertisements

yes that is what i am talking about, i did see it. but i would like to see this movie in daytime. since i had to back stamford if i take a train. thanks stylo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 05:55 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
It's only a movie. It will be out on DVD and cable in no time.

In the meanwhile, perhaps you should look at enrichment activities like thus: ESL :: UConn Center For Continuing Studies.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 PM

10,100 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You can't compare Stamford to New York which is what you keep doing. New York City has 7 million people while Stamford has about Stamford has about 125,000. You can't expect to have anywhere near the number of stores and restaurants and movie theaters to choose from in Stamford or just about any other city in the world. I would suggest you take Stylo's advice. Jay
Heck, even all of Connecticut can't be compared to NYC. lol

Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 PM

10,100 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg22 View Post
i have been searching good movie theatres in stamford ct, but no results. who can get me something.
for instance recently i want to see resident evil:retribution but not in stamford. the close place is about 10 miles away in amc chester 14. how bad it is in stamford.
This is how it is in the suburbs. If you want big city, NYC is within reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg22
Back to my topic i could not always want to see a move then go to nyc.
You definitely are not made for the suburbs. Stamford is as good as it gets in CT, precisely because of its proximity to NYC. Everywhere else in CT sucks big time for what you want!

Majestic 6 | Bow Tie Cinemas Landmark 9 | Bow Tie Cinemas

Quote:
so i am really thinking about move out of ct area back to real top largest city.
It's apparent that Connecticut (or any suburb) is not made for you.

Quote:
Bad: rent is so high.
Interesting... rent is actually higher in the "real top largest city" than in Stamford or anywhere else in CT.

Quote:
shopping place is limited
There are 130 stores and restaurants in the Stamford Town Center alone! Plus all the other stores and restaurants scattered around downtown, in Bulls Head, Turn of River, Springdale, and Glenbrook; plus in neighboring Greenwich, Norwalk, and you can even include Port Chester too. They cover all niche groups, so there really is something for everyone, at least for those who actually search for it.

Quote:
no place to have fun in weekend.

Quote:
walmart is so small and bad.
Visit Target. Its even closer since Walmart is in Norwalk while Target is right in downtown Stamford.

Quote:
i have not found any good points to live in stamford ct area.
You are not a suburbs person. Its that simple. The reason rent is so high in Stamford is because plenty of people want to live here and most of the one's that do, enjoy it.

When you think about it, the problem is not Stamford, but rather you. How else can we explain why you have such a low opinion of one of the most desirable area in the nation?

Quote:
guys it is just my personal optional since i have been living in a few top city like dc, dallas, atlanta....

hope to back my normal life...
Move to NYC. If it doesn't satisfy what you are looking for, there's no hope for you.

Seriously, there's not a single suburb that offers everything a major city offers. In fact, that's why people that like major cities usually live in them or move to suburbs that are right next to such cities (aka New Rochelle, Jersey City, etc.) Stamford is the best of both worlds within CT, since people get the benefits of living in CT (compared to Westchester county -it usually has to do with taxes and quality of life-) and within easy reach of NYC to further complement whatever the suburbs is not able to offer.

As you have experienced what it's like further in CT and now gave Stamford a shot, you know very well Stamford is as good as it gets in this state, as far as suburban cities are concerned. Like I said before, you are not a suburbs person.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:02 AM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Antonio, you have some of it wrong. Most suburbs are a lot more "movied" that Stamford, while the OP is making this more of an issue than it really is, that fact can't be denied. Look up the amount and location of movie theatres in Long Island and the NJ suburbs for example to compare. I consider Westchester to be a bit "under movied" too but there's a lot more options immediately near almost any given location than there is in Stamford. Heck, when I lived up in the Albany, NY area for a few years there were a lot more movie options in their "suburbs" and that was about 25 years ago, I can just imagine it now!

Old 10-06-2012, 06:36 AM

21,760 posts, read 28,094,478 times
You may have liked New Haven more if you're not going to make use of the train to NYC. More variety in restaurants, things to do, nightlife and lower rent. Unfortunately not a fun commute to Danbury either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut