Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 05:20 PM

83,522 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

People getting stuck on the highway now looking for gas. This is just a domino effect of sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
People getting stuck on the highway now looking for gas. This is just a domino effect of sad
Pretty depressing stuff; i'm in Eastern CT went into Willimantic today filled my cans and truck, no issues whatsoever.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:29 PM

NJ Executive Order 108, declaring a limited state of energy emergency. Odd/Even #s in effect tomorrow. license plates with last number which is an even #, on even numbered days of each month will be able to get gas and odd numbers on odd days.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:46 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
And they were flooding New Canaan and Norwalk today as well. I know i saw a few stations in Norwalk that were completely out. And the line at the I-95 North Fairfield Rest Stop was very deep and appeared to be out of staters. I hadn't thought about the possibility of seeing gas shortages in this area, but now i am starting to wonder about it.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
And they were flooding New Canaan and Norwalk today as well. I know i saw a few stations in Norwalk that were completely out. And the line at the I-95 North Fairfield Rest Stop was very deep and appeared to be out of staters. I hadn't thought about the possibility of seeing gas shortages in this area, but now i am starting to wonder about it.
I had a bad feeling that would happen, especially when this article said something like "they won't find any lines if they just keep going a little further to Stamford and Norwalk".

Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,207,659 times
I work in Scarsdale right in Westchester county and its been a madhouse there. Its like armageddon. These people need to realize that in a few days or a week, things will start to normalize with the gas. Its not like gas wont exist again, its just because of the ports. To actually see the lines is unreal. Thanks god I fill up here in Orange and dont have to get gas in NY. I dont tell anyone I work with that there is gas in CT.Might be mean.....but the last thing we need is panic here. I filled up my brand new Hyundai Thursday night, drove down the Merritt to work Friday morning and crossed the state line and bam.......hit a deer at 60 mph. This was right before that Mobil on the Hutch in case anyone knows that. Yes, there was a line a mile long. Car was smashed, windshield smashed into my wifes face. Not one person stopped to see if we needed anything. Once car was towed to my job at the car dealer, I rtied to get a rental and Enterprise had cars.....but no gas. I said give me something with anything in it and I will get gas. They asked where and I just said I had gas in a can. Its a shame people in NY are acting like they are. I understand the frustration and being scared....but shooting and stabbing each other? Seriously? Im afraid to drive to work on Monday for fear someone will try steal gas or carjack you. Its that crazy there. The Gov better do something....anything quick or there will be civil unrest like never before. Humas are proving quickly that they are not capable of being civil. Its a shame.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:42 AM

FREE GAS

Governor Cuomo Announces Deployment of Temporary Fuel Trucks Throughout the Region | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

Governor Cuomo Announces Deployment of Temporary Fuel Trucks Throughout the Region

Printer-friendly version Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that temporary fuel trucks will be deployed in key locations in New York City and Long Island in order to help provide gas to emergency vehicles and the general public. The trucks are provided by the U.S. Department of Defense at the direction of President Obama and are being deployed in coordination with the New York National Guard at the direction of the Governor. The 5,000 gallon trucks will be deployed throughout the morning and there are an additional 150,000 gallons of fuel available to restock the trucks throughout the day. There is a 10 gallon limit per vehicle. Cars can fill up directly off of the truck.

The trucks will be sent to the following locations:

Queens Armory
93-05 160th St.br />
Jamaica, NY 11433

Bronx Armory
10 West 195th St.
Bronx, NY 10468

Brooklyn Armory
1579 Bedford Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11225

Staten Island/Elizabeth Armory
321 Manor Road
Staten Island, NY 10314

Freeport Armory
63 Babylon Turnpike
Freeport, NY 11520

Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,207,659 times
Interesting.....what about Westchester though?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I work in Scarsdale right in Westchester county and its been a madhouse there. Its like armageddon. These people need to realize that in a few days or a week, things will start to normalize with the gas. Its not like gas wont exist again, its just because of the ports. To actually see the lines is unreal. Thanks god I fill up here in Orange and dont have to get gas in NY. I dont tell anyone I work with that there is gas in CT.Might be mean.....but the last thing we need is panic here. I filled up my brand new Hyundai Thursday night, drove down the Merritt to work Friday morning and crossed the state line and bam.......hit a deer at 60 mph. This was right before that Mobil on the Hutch in case anyone knows that. Yes, there was a line a mile long. Car was smashed, windshield smashed into my wifes face. Not one person stopped to see if we needed anything. Once car was towed to my job at the car dealer, I rtied to get a rental and Enterprise had cars.....but no gas. I said give me something with anything in it and I will get gas. They asked where and I just said I had gas in a can. Its a shame people in NY are acting like they are. I understand the frustration and being scared....but shooting and stabbing each other? Seriously? Im afraid to drive to work on Monday for fear someone will try steal gas or carjack you. Its that crazy there. The Gov better do something....anything quick or there will be civil unrest like never before. Humas are proving quickly that they are not capable of being civil. Its a shame.
They need the fuel for their generators because they still have no power and then there are those who need it for their autos. As soon as everyone gets power back this will cease to be an issue. Just my opinion of course.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:45 PM

Long Lines at gas stations in SWCT

http://youtu.be/guAohEN8fO4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut