Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:19 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
I don't think so. Why would anyone have a problem with people wanting to arm themselves? It's the law abiding people who follow the rules that are gangbanging, right?
Our system doesn't do such a good job separating the law abiding sane who want to arm themselves from the mentally ill who are about to commit mass murder from arming themselves.

I'll support people arming themselves when you support massive investment in a mental health system to help take care of some of these unbalanced people who seem to go out and commit a mass murder every two months.

I value human life more than your right to carry an uzi that has no purpose in sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,922,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Our system doesn't do such a good job separating the law abiding sane who want to arm themselves from the mentally ill who are about to commit mass murder from arming themselves.

I'll support people arming themselves when you support massive investment in a mental health system to help take care of some of these unbalanced people who seem to go out and commit a mass murder every two months.

I value human life more than your right to carry an uzi that has no purpose in sport.
You're advocating higher taxes, i'm not. As far as mass murder, the nut in Colorado was a known threat, even by the school psychologist, what did they do? Nothing. So lets throw more money at something that doesn't even work

I just want to shoot my guns in a legal fashion, without interference from the govt. If you don't like it, too bad. It's my right.

Your reference to carrying an Uzi is absurd. But i'm sure your retort will be my position is absurd; I don't own an Uzi, don't even know anybody who does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut