Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 PM

642 posts, read 860,135 times

Advertisements

I am looking for info on Branford & Guilford (for retirement) but I thought I would put in my 2 cents as someone that was born and raised in lower FFC. This is an intesting topic. I have relatives and friends in Stamford (where I was born and raised) New Canaan, Greenwich and Darien. My cousins & friends who have white collar jobs and own businesses still live down in that area. Those of us that are blue collar & tradesmen or married to blue collar & tradesmen had to move out of the area 10 to 15 years ago as it got very expensive. These are the towns that we moved to......

Monroe (there are some pockets of affordable homes but you really need to look hard)
Trumbull (Long Hill section, that is where I live)
Milford
Derby
Fairfield (sections close to Black Rock Bridgeport)
Stratford
Shelton

All the tradesmen & blue collar workers I know that live up here all work down in lower Fairfield County so it is possible to be a tradesmen/blue collar worker in Fairfield County. If you have a good trade and are good at that trade you will be OK in some parts of Fairfield County. Some of the tradesmen I know make more money than people with college degrees.

Before I moved from Stamford I studied long and hard to look for a nice place that was affordable so I didn't have to move out of Fairfield County. Trumbull has great schools, the most parkland in the state (I am pretty sure) and is safe. I have friends and relatives (tradesmen) in Milford and they LOVE it there.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

"I'm one of those weird people that would put my kid in West Hill HS before I put them in Darien."--poster AMSS

I went to Westhill HS and it was the greatest! We had the best music and art programs in Fairfield County in the 1970's when I went there.

Last edited by CTartist&musician; 06-09-2013 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut