Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 AM

3 posts, read 3,678 times

Advertisements

moving to CT, wanted to get a sense of doctors that see kids as we don't vaccinate?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,437,897 times
I'm sure it will require a lot of research and possibly driving longer to get to the Dr. then one normally would go. I have used quite a few pediatricians in CT and while I don't give all 5 shots at once, (I have them spaced out over a couple months instead) I do give my children all shots except for flu.

All the pediatricians I have used had vaccinating as a requirement to attend the practice. They would allow you to delay vax, but you could not just avoid vaccination all together.

Good Luck in your search.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:50 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,363,989 times
You could just, y'know, vaccinate your kids.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:38 PM

21,631 posts, read 31,231,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
You could just, y'know, vaccinate your kids.
Agreed.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,948,787 times
None of the large practices that I know of will see children who are not vaccinated, for good reason.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
Washington State, Wisconsin, and Vermont all have ongoing pertussis epidemics due to parents declining to immunize their children. Perhaps you would have better luck in fitting into a community there, where your children will have a better opportunity to experience contagious childhood diseases, such as Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, and Diphtheria in the holistic way that Nature intended, rather than suffer the potential consequences of immunization. And of course, when your unimmunized child infects an infant too young to have been immunized, you will feel a smaller proportion of the responsibility if you live in an area with a high proportion of immunization-refusers, since so many there choose not to immunize their children.

There are myriad intenet sites where immunization-refusers connect with each other. I'm sure they have a directory of pediatricians who will allow immunization-refusing parents in their waiting room, potentially infecting infants too young to be immunized, and who do not mind the inherent risks of caring for children who may contract fatal diseases that are now virtually unseen in first world countries, such as Hib bacterial meningitis and Strep Pneumo bacterial meningitis. Try homeschooling websites, religious fundamentalist websites (of course, some refuse to use the internet, too, so that may be limiting), immunization-refuser websites.

Good luck with your move!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 AM

21,770 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Perhaps you would have better luck in fitting into a community there, where your children will have a better opportunity to experience contagious childhood diseases, such as Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, and Diphtheria in the holistic way that Nature intended
Aren't most of the diseases we immunize for nearly wiped out in this area anyway?

There is some nasty stuff in vaccines. As a parent, I would vaccinate - but sparingly.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,767,626 times
The only disease wiped out worldwide is smallpox , which only exists in medical labs.

Polio has been wiped out in the Western hemisphere from vaccination but can be brought in by travelers from the rest of the world. Thus, still very much a danger to those not immunized..

All other so-called childhood diseases most certainly still exist. Vaccination has caused the death risk from some of them to go down, such as chickenpox, but they are still there. The death risk has gone down only because of vaccinations.

All it takes is for one of these diseases to meet an unvaccinated child and we're back to square one and serious implications among those with no immunity and potentially a infection among those partially immunized. Hence, the pertussis epidemics in various states.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 AM

21,770 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Well, while not vaccinating at all might be a bad idea, I think you can still be selective. Weighing the risks of the disease vs. exposing children to the chemicals in vaccines is important. I'd hope there's a middle ground somewhere.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:59 AM

588 posts, read 1,321,198 times
The reason so many of these diseases were virtually "wiped out" is because of vaccines. Not vaccinating children put others at risk, especially infants. Most school systems require vaccinations to be up to date, so if you as a parent make that choice, you may need to look into home schooling. As for a pediatrician, I do not know any that see children do not vaccinate at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut