Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 12:48 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
It's the crazy,liberal, illegal gun carrying ones you really need to worry about
Woman fires gun at McDonald’s drive-thru for getting order wrong | Death and Taxes
Just curious: Where did you get form that story that she was liberal?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:49 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,422,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I don't even have cable, buddy awfully hard to watch MSNBC. I don't think you know anything about my "type".

You could just as easily be accused of regurgitating right wing talking points. And I am glad you at least admit that the left wing isn't out to "take away" guns, but, instead want reasonable registration and gun safety measures that keep weapons out of the hands of lunatics and criminals.

However, we're all in agreement on my original point... You can't be a responsible gun owner and not follow laws you don't like.
I am speaking from experience as someone who is involved in the gun community,follows related news ragarding guns on a daily basis, not just just what I read in a "conservative rag". That's difference is you know nothing about guns, yet want to tell everyone with them how and what they should own. I can think of one thing in particular in which YOU have to deal with the same thing. I'm just not a hypocrite.

You still never told me how the registration will "save us all" here in CT.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Call it a hunch.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagiel69 View Post
Yes thats why she should not even be carrying a gun.. Now if she had been tested... Police are given guns right? Yes and they also go through a strict psych evaluation beforehand why shouldnt everyone else?
The gun is illegal. Stolen or sold illegally. She would not be part of that process? Do you think all the ghetto gang bangers with guns in New Haven and Brooklyn submit an application and get a license? I'm only asking because your implying this woman would have been unarmed as a result of your illegal and very unconstitutional "screening" (or did you say profiling?) process.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
From 1998 to 2008, 88% of African American voters voted Democrat. 9% voted Republican.

The suspect was African American.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I don't even have cable, buddy awfully hard to watch MSNBC. I don't think you know anything about my "type".

You could just as easily be accused of regurgitating right wing talking points. And I am glad you at least admit that the left wing isn't out to "take away" guns, but, instead want reasonable registration and gun safety measures that keep weapons out of the hands of lunatics and criminals.

However, we're all in agreement on my original point... You can't be a responsible gun owner and not follow laws you don't like.
We already debunked the criminal aspect, remember? Since the beginning of 2010, only 2 murders have been committed with a rifle that may or may not even be an AW. Then I'm pretty sure we debunked adam lanza as the gun was his mothers, therefore would be registered to her and something tells me he wouldn't have cared less, you know, since he murdered her in her sleep and all.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Owing guns arent a right they are a privilege
Back to school for you mam.You literally could not be more incorrect. Not even Michael bloomberg would say that.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:06 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Owing guns arent a right they are a privilege
Please do us all a favor and read the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution, part of the Bill of Rights.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I think first there should be a mass confiscation of all guns so illegals then wouldn't be able to get access . Then the process would start brand new clean slate and people that wanted to buy guns would have to have psych evaluations.
Not even the liberals are saying this on here. Actually, they are trying desperately to convince us this WONT happen. Nonetheless its a hilarious post because it shows how much you don't "get it"

Old 02-14-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
If operating a motor vehicle is a privilege then being able to operate a firearm is a privilege
okay, lets keep this simple. like, reallll simple. A right is something you have at birth. You don't earn it, you don't work for it, you just have it. You are born with, say, the right to free speech. You don't have to earn the RIGHT to go on the internet and say something no matter how incorrect and uneducated it sounds. A privilege, is something granted to you. Lets say, a drivers license. Some state or Civil authority must provide you with it and in many cases you even need to earn it.

In the case of your statement, it is, in fact, a right. You can look it up. It's not even debatable. Google "bill of rights US". You will see a number of amendments, look at the second one.

Okay, pop quiz.

Voting is a:
(a) privilege
(b) right
(c) huh

Last edited by Sigequinox; 02-14-2014 at 01:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut