Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I happen to like Clarence Thomas. I think he's a lousy jurist, but, I like him personally.

Can you tell me about a Democrat that you disagree with, that you like personally?
Danny Devito. This is fun. Go again. Wait.....what website am I on?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagiel69 View Post
So they why do so any pro gun enthuseits believe they need guns to protect them selves
There are other armed groups that do not swear to defend the Constitution.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
There are other armed groups that do not swear to defend the Constitution.
and criminals and psychopaths like adam lanza....

Then there's the 99.999% of gun owners that don't sit in their armored safe room Faraday Cage waiting for The Government, or, other governments, or even violent criminals, but, rather live a completely normal life. They just happen to like guns instead of golf. or maybe both?

Not sure what kind of people she hangs out with.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:29 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Non-responsive to his point.
Is there any reason to respond to a Fox News acolyte who is convinced the whole world is biased against them, and that they have found the truth in Fox?

What's going to convince him that every other major news organization is isn't in a giant conspiracy to undermine Republicans? If you choose to live in that bubble and refuse to consider other ideas, then there's no reason to be responsive to his "point".

Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
and criminals and psychopaths like adam lanza....

Then there's the 99.999% of gun owners that don't sit in their armored safe room Faraday Cage waiting for The Government, or, other governments, or even violent criminals, but, rather live a completely normal life. They just happen to like guns instead of golf. or maybe both?

Not sure what kind of people she hangs out with.
I don't think the percentage is that high, but, it only takes one on a million to shoot a first grade classroom to pieces.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:31 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Is there any reason to respond to a Fox News acolyte who is convinced the whole world is biased against them, and that they have found the truth in Fox?

What's going to convince him that every other major news organization is isn't in a giant conspiracy to undermine Republicans? If you choose to live in that bubble and refuse to consider other ideas, then there's no reason to be responsive to his "point".
MSNBC - Liberal brainwashers (this shouldn't even be debatable)
CNN - Slight liberal brainwashers
FOX - Tea-party brainwashers

'Merica.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I don't think the percentage is that high, but, it only takes one on a million to shoot a first grade classroom to pieces.
Yeah, you would know, you seem like the type that hangs around with plenty. You could turn off MSNBC and learn a thing or 2.

One in a million? I don't think so, there's an estimated 80 million gun owners in this country. You're really drinking the left wing cool-aid.

Like I said early, if you or anyone really cared about public safety or "the children" you would be investing your time and energy into alcohol which kills way more than guns and is not constitutionally protected. Although I suppose that would suck for ugly people.

Either way, your just regurgitating leftist mantra. I know your smarter than your making yourself sound in here.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Yeah, you would know, you seem like the type that hangs around with plenty. You could turn off MSNBC and learn a thing or 2.

One in a million? I don't think so, there's an estimated 80 million gun owners in this country. You're really drinking the left wing cool-aid.

Like I said early, if you or anyone really cared about public safety or "the children" you would be investing your time and energy into alcohol which kills way more than guns and is not constitutionally protected. Although I suppose that would suck for ugly people.

Either way, your just regurgitating leftist mantra. I know your smarter than your making yourself sound in here.
I don't even have cable, buddy awfully hard to watch MSNBC. I don't think you know anything about my "type".

You could just as easily be accused of regurgitating right wing talking points. And I am glad you at least admit that the left wing isn't out to "take away" guns, but, instead want reasonable registration and gun safety measures that keep weapons out of the hands of lunatics and criminals.

However, we're all in agreement on my original point... You can't be a responsible gun owner and not follow laws you don't like.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:43 PM

It's the crazy,liberal, illegal gun carrying ones you really need to worry about
Woman fires gun at McDonald’s drive-thru for getting order wrong | Death and Taxes

Old 02-14-2014, 12:45 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagiel69 View Post
That is because the man that made that comment is black. If a white man had said that he would have been castrated. Those are the racial double standards we have in this country now.
His skin color should not matter. That was a horrible comment. So he should get a pass because he's black? Are you basically admitting to and okay with the media bias you say really doesn't exist?

I believe the large portion of the media didn't mention this OP topic because of their bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut