Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:05 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,758,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildoats007 View Post
What would I search under at the Westport Assessor's office? And is it something you could email to me?
If you're trying to get information using the following link: Vision Appraisal Technology | Databases, Westport won't allow you to do so by owner's name unlike other towns. I believe that you still have to go there in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM

3 posts, read 18,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Lee View Post
If you're trying to get information using the following link: Vision Appraisal Technology | Databases, Westport won't allow you to do so by owner's name unlike other towns. I believe that you still have to go there in person.

I cannot find it. Can you please e-mail it to me @ orlando3angel@aol.com? This would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,784 times
i'm a big Paul Newman fan, and would love to drive past his home, if nothing else to be able to see where he called home, wanted to take a drive this weekend, can someone help me with the address or at least the neighborhood where his house is located, many thanks.

Joe

Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 PM

34,942 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmet663 View Post
i'm a big Paul Newman fan, and would love to drive past his home, if nothing else to be able to see where he called home, wanted to take a drive this weekend, can someone help me with the address or at least the neighborhood where his house is located, many thanks.

Joe
Joe - I replied to your DM. Jay

Old 10-17-2008, 07:15 AM

181 posts, read 906,027 times
That whole celebrity "sighting" mentality isn't encouraged here, other than mentioning to a few friends-"hey I saw Joe Pantaleoni getting coffee this morning". A lot of their kids are in public schools. The ability to go to CVS and buy generic mouth wash (personally saw a soap star doing this) without it being splashed on US weekly etc. No maps to the stars homes being hawked everywhere.
While there is the ability to live very very upscale if able and desired, there are plenty of residents in comfortable, more modest homes, driving mid level cars and dressed in LLBean. And I say this as someone who does live in Fairfield County.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:31 AM

34,942 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Years ago there was a discount department store in Westport called Barkers (think Walmart). We use to shop there when I was a kid. One time we went and saw Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward shopping there. He was looking at motor oil and typewritter paper. She was browsing the cosmetics. We did not bother them or say anything, but he did smile at me when I looked up at him and gasped as he came down the stationary aisle. Of course, I was a dumb kid then. Jay

Old 10-17-2008, 07:59 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
My wife and a few of her friends actually had the opportunity to work with Paul several summers at his camp in Ashford. Not surprised he would be seen at walmart type of place. I never met him, but she described him as just a regular guy who would hop into his canoe and go fishing with the kids who wanted to go. Regular jeans and a shirt kind of guy.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:31 AM

49 posts, read 271,529 times
Also, in addition to TV/Movie celebrities there are a lot of people who started well-known Corporations that live in Connecticut. My parents both grew up in New Canaan and went to high school with a slew of children of weathly Corporate Execs and Hollywood types. Back then (we're talking about the 1950's), even these unpretencious kids went to the local public school hob-knobbing with the regular folk.

My mother went to high school with many children of well-known (not just working or hired as an Executive but that they started the Corporation) Corporate Heads, as well as the likes of Martin Mull and Bing Crosby's children. My father went to high school with the children of Efrem Zimabalist and silent screen actor, Buster Keaton.

Don't forget that Katherine Hepburn was also from Hartford area and lived many years in the Guilford area. Plus, her mother was locally famous in her own right as she was very active in the early women's movement around the early part of the century. (She was instrumental with Planned Parenthood at their beginnings.) There are also Westport residents Phil Donahoe and Marlo Thomas. Jessica Tandy and Hume Crome lived in (I believe) the Litchfield area. Paul Giamatti is from New Haven. Brian Dennehey was very active in the Derby community. We use to run into the late-Gilda Radner and her husband Gene Wilder all the time in the New Canaan grocery stores. Anne Baxter (she played Nefretiri in the movie "The Ten Commandments") lived close by for years in Easton.

To the Poster: Check out New Canaan............very nice bedroom community of New York. Really off the beaten track but close enough to Manhattan. Plus, they have their own little train station that connects with the Metro-North Line going into NYC. New Canaan borders Pound Ridge, NY.

Last edited by Coffeecake; 10-19-2008 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeecake View Post
Jessica Tandy and Hume Crome lived in (I believe) the Litchfield area.
I know that they lived in Easton in the early 90's. I remember this because, one day i went to the old Bridgeport DMV(the former dump on East Main St.) for a DL renewal. I was coming through the doors and an elderly woman bounced off my chest. She said, "Oh, pardon me". I look at the woman and realize that it's Jessica Tandy, accompanied by Hume Cronyn! She was pushed into me because there was a friggin stampede of people coming out of the DMV to see her. I have no idea what they were thinking, going in the middle of the day to the DMV. Did they think they would go unrecognized in Bridgeport? LOL.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:43 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,087,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Can any of you long-time CT residents shed some light on the reasons he chose CT over other places such as CA?
Proximity to the Lime Rock racetrack had to be on the list somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut