Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2015, 10:24 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times

Advertisements

That looks great. It's a contemporary design (nice for a change) and CT desperately needs more density along the coast, and near Metro North, so a big win-win.

There should be far more development like this, but CT towns tend to be super-NIMBY and anti development.

And why do you care how many bathrooms someone has? Are you jealous or something? Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 11:01 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,170,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
That looks great. It's a contemporary design (nice for a change) and CT desperately needs more density along the coast, and near Metro North, so a big win-win.

There should be far more development like this, but CT towns tend to be super-NIMBY and anti development.

And why do you care how many bathrooms someone has? Are you jealous or something? Weird.
Why should there be more development like this that sub-divide already small lots into near urban density? These particular units are left with a borderline useless yard. As for contemporary, that look is not timeless and will likely become a major eyesore (1970s contemporaries command deep discounts in almost any metro)

Old 08-12-2015, 11:49 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Just in case some fail to notice.. the house is less than 3000 sq ft inside. Thats why Im shocked at the 7 bathrooms. Theres 1 in each of the 5 bedrooms. Full. None are half baths.

That & the fact that the size of the home doesn't fit in with that particular street. How does this get approved? Wheres the yard?

Also the exact location. I understand when homes are close side to side and back to back but that spot doesn't make any sense.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:17 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Lets return to the topic of the OP. IF you want to discuss this, please start a new thread. JayCT, Moderator

Old 09-15-2015, 08:42 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Norwalk mall developers meet most of city's requests - Thehour.com: Norwalk

Old 09-16-2015, 05:07 PM

10,098 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Bloomingdale is coming back to the area. I heard there used to be one where the UConn Stamford campus is now.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Bloomingdale is coming back to the area. I heard there used to be one where the UConn Stamford campus is now.
Yes, that is where Bloomingdale's used to be located. Jay

Old 09-17-2015, 10:12 AM

54 posts, read 80,441 times
As a SONO resident, I'm not a fan of the mall. I just don't see much benefit compared to other potential uses. It will lead to some more jobs, but as far as I'm aware there isn't a huge demand for these types of minimum wage jobs in Norwalk. It will generate some tax revenue, but so would a more urban mixed use development featuring apartments. Rent is high here. There is plenty of demand for housing. This is going to suck people away from SONO, and it won't really bring many in. People will drive to the mall, do their shopping and leave. Meanwhile traffic will get considerably worse in the area. They want to connect SONO to the rest of Norwalk, but a giant suburban style mall does just the opposite. This kind of project belongs out in a field somewhere off the interstate, not downtown.

It's a great location for retail establishments, and I don't think we should be so quick to give it to a company that's proposing something so underwhelming that does not follow the guidelines already in place for development in the area.

If we're going to have a > $300 million megaproject, I would much prefer something more like a smaller scale version of what they're building in New Haven at the Coliseum site.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucareshokiesrul View Post
As a SONO resident, I'm not a fan of the mall. I just don't see much benefit compared to other potential uses. It will lead to some more jobs, but as far as I'm aware there isn't a huge demand for these types of minimum wage jobs in Norwalk. It will generate some tax revenue, but so would a more urban mixed use development featuring apartments. Rent is high here. There is plenty of demand for housing. This is going to suck people away from SONO, and it won't really bring many in. People will drive to the mall, do their shopping and leave. Meanwhile traffic will get considerably worse in the area. They want to connect SONO to the rest of Norwalk, but a giant suburban style mall does just the opposite. This kind of project belongs out in a field somewhere off the interstate, not downtown.

It's a great location for retail establishments, and I don't think we should be so quick to give it to a company that's proposing something so underwhelming that does not follow the guidelines already in place for development in the area.

If we're going to have a > $300 million megaproject, I would much prefer something more like a smaller scale version of what they're building in New Haven at the Coliseum site.
Well the site has sat empty now for years so there obviously is not much interest in developing it into a mixed use complex otherwise that would have happened already. The major difference between this site and the New Haven site is location. The Norwalk site is adjacent to a major highway which is less desirable for residential uses. The New Haven site is located two blocks from a major transportation hub, Union Station, and a central business district. It is also located a few blocks from New Haven's Medical District. This makes it a more desirable site for residential than the Norwalk site. Since this property is located right off I-95 and Route 7, it is an excellent site for major retail and given that Fairfield County could use a quality upscale shopping mall, the proposed project should do well and generate the city a lot of needed taxes. Unfortunately it will also generate a lot of traffic. Jay

Old 12-08-2015, 08:48 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
They already starting to dig up the site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut