Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2023, 06:21 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,725,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The key word there is “reduce” and it has. It was NEVER going to solve the traffic congestion problem on I-84 but the naysayers conveniently ignore or forget that and claim it’s a failure which it is not. Not at all. Jay
Come on, Jay. If I may ask, do you have to use 84 to get to work? Because I do, and I can tell you it has done absolutely nothing to alleviate congestion the least little bit. On the contrary, it's gotten worse now that companies are demanding people return to the office. I understand how important it is to bolster and perpetuate a constant positive image of this state, and anyone who disagrees is simply being negative, but the reality is that I-84 is more clogged than the septic tank at Chris Christie's house. I know this because I have to rely on it. The traffic is usually so horrendous that I take back roads instead because I refuse to put up with the constant gridlock. It is awful, and Fasttrack has done zilch to combat this. I can name other things this state has gotten right, like legalizing cannabis and the activating of The Hartford Line, but Fasttrack is decidedly not one of them. I realize that might be the all-affirming answer some people want to hear, but again, as someone who has personally witnessed firsthand how awful 84 remains, these are the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2023, 07:44 AM

21,652 posts, read 12,808,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushewick View Post
the hartford renaissance continues

https://www.wfsb.com/2023/12/06/new-...rds-north-end/

if you were to tell me 3 years ago that hartford and its surrounding areas would see this much development, i would of laughed at you
I was just coming to post this

Factory redevelopment in Hartford's North End to transform community by creating new housing

Old 12-07-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Great article on 13 new projects in the Capital City that will be a big change for the better. Go Hartford! Jay

https://www.ctinsider.com/projects/2...pment-tracker/
I miss Hartford and will look forward to spending a weekend there next year - Ill find some excuse at Trinity to come back for homecoming weekend or something.

I was there for some dark days in 2012-2016.

Old 12-07-2023, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Presumably, you have not seen the traffic congestion at major town intersections. If you have, you might re-consider your position. They are over-developing numerous areas that are already crowded. If multifamily housing really brought in more tax revenue, West Hartford's mill rate would go down, and that's never gonna happen. And I don't care that sounds classist. Everyone else feels the same way, they're just not voicing their opinion.
If you keep with this line of thinking one day CT could one day be as unaffordable as MA.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
'

Let me just say that I support the Fast Track. But I'm not sure if that's totally true. the whole point of building it was to get people out of their cars and reduce traffic on 84 west.
I thought it was more so to serve the students at Uconn in Downtown Hartford and the ones at CCSU. I was at Trinity when it was built and remember the hulabaloo. I rode the Fatrak twice and found it to be clean and excellent. But this was in 2016.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:22 AM

278 posts, read 146,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
If you keep with this line of thinking one day CT could one day be as unaffordable as MA.
CT might already be more unaffordable then MA. There was a poster in one of these CT forums talking about how they knew Hartford area CEOs who lived in the Boston area. Pretty sure ESPN's Teddy Bruschi lives in MA too. Talk about tough commutes. When big money guys are getting priced out you know there is an affordability problem.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:37 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,725,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnho771 View Post
CT might already be more unaffordable then MA. There was a poster in one of these CT forums talking about how they knew Hartford area CEOs who lived in the Boston area. Pretty sure ESPN's Teddy Bruschi lives in MA too. Talk about tough commutes. When big money guys are getting priced out you know there is an affordability problem.
If CEO's and other high-profile, well-to-do individuals are living in metro Boston but work in Hartford, it's because the find the former more stimulating and offering greater and better amenities and points of interest than the latter. It has nothing to do with cost. Anyone who thinks metro Boston is less expensive than Hartford is clueless and living in a dream world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade
Outside of Fairfield County, that's never gonna happen. And it's not worth clogging suburban towns with cookie cutter boxes to offset this, and it won't.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:20 AM

129 posts, read 79,251 times
Quote:
If CEO's and other high-profile, well-to-do individuals are living in metro Boston but work in Hartford, it's because the find the former more stimulating and offering greater and better amenities and points of interest than the latter. It has nothing to do with cost. Anyone who thinks metro Boston is less expensive than Hartford is clueless and living in a dream world.
And yet, boston and its suburbs are far denser and busier then metro hartford. Woudn't you like to see metro hartford thrive in the same way?

Old 12-07-2023, 09:44 AM

278 posts, read 146,305 times
Quote:

Outside of Fairfield County, that's never gonna happen. And it's not worth clogging suburban towns with cookie cutter boxes to offset this, and it won't.
Up for debate. Time is money for these guys. I'm sure they would prefer to be closer to Hartford as not wise to be commuting 3 to 4 hours round trip everyday.

Old 12-07-2023, 01:16 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Come on, Jay. If I may ask, do you have to use 84 to get to work? Because I do, and I can tell you it has done absolutely nothing to alleviate congestion the least little bit. On the contrary, it's gotten worse now that companies are demanding people return to the office. I understand how important it is to bolster and perpetuate a constant positive image of this state, and anyone who disagrees is simply being negative, but the reality is that I-84 is more clogged than the septic tank at Chris Christie's house. I know this because I have to rely on it. The traffic is usually so horrendous that I take back roads instead because I refuse to put up with the constant gridlock. It is awful, and Fasttrack has done zilch to combat this. I can name other things this state has gotten right, like legalizing cannabis and the activating of The Hartford Line, but Fasttrack is decidedly not one of them. I realize that might be the all-affirming answer some people want to hear, but again, as someone who has personally witnessed firsthand how awful 84 remains, these are the facts.
I don’t have to commute on I-84 to know the traffic conditions on it and I strongly disagree with you.

By your statement you are saying that not one car has been removed from I-84 because of CTfastrak. Then I ask you how would those that use CTfastrak today get to Hartford without it?

And what about those that live in all the new apartments that have been built along the CTfastrak route? How would they get into and out of Hartford?

I can tell you: many, if not most, would use I-84. So to say CTfastrak “has done zilch” to reduce traffic congestion is inaccurate at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut