Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Stay in CT 19 24.05%
Move to OH 60 75.95%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 01:54 PM

71 posts, read 179,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I ACCEPTED THE OFFER!!!
Even with the dramatic pay reduction, I don't really care, because guess what? Next year I'll be able to put 40% down on a NICE house, with all the money I saved up from working in Stamford, thereby giving me a monthly home payment of $680, starting next year. That's a hell of a lot better than paying $1,750 a month in rent for years and years to come. Property taxes will be $2,000 a year instead of $8,000. Add all of that up, and we're talking like $18K a year saved in taxes and home payments.
Very good choice... you won't regret it. You can't build wealth without saving money. In CT... and especially FFC you're just spinning your wheels... it's a total rat race. Some people mentioned that it's only the property taxes that are higher but everything else is the same. Not true... CT has 1) a high state income tax, 2) personal property taxes i.e. vehicles and boats get taxed every year (yeah thanks for taxing my depreciating assets... WTF??), 3) high utility rates, 4) some of the most expensive gas in the country, 5) and almost forgot the insanely high real estate property taxes! I don't see how some of you are arguing that the COL isn't that bad there.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:43 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwdmd View Post
Very good choice... you won't regret it. You can't build wealth without saving money. In CT... and especially FFC you're just spinning your wheels... it's a total rat race. Some people mentioned that it's only the property taxes that are higher but everything else is the same. Not true... CT has 1) a high state income tax, 2) personal property taxes i.e. vehicles and boats get taxed every year (yeah thanks for taxing my depreciating assets... WTF??), 3) high utility rates, 4) some of the most expensive gas in the country, 5) and almost forgot the insanely high real estate property taxes! I don't see how some of you are arguing that the COL isn't that bad there.
You may want to read on... lol

Old 06-08-2015, 04:53 PM

34,061 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Stay in Connecticut. You just got your wish, Malloy raised Taxes!! Why would you want to leave at the beginning of this Party?!
You can stay for the going away parties for the major corps leaving.

Now when they do, there will be hundreds more tax accountants for corps to pick from, so Ct salaries for your field will stay flat or even drop.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:07 PM

503 posts, read 530,726 times
Fool me once, shame on Nep. Fool me twice, shame on me. I should have known better than to read this thread, where Nep inflicts his indecision on all of us stupid enough to read, taking us on a pointless journey that ends in the same place it began (stagnant in the stagnant state of CT).

Old 06-08-2015, 05:12 PM

34,061 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
Fool me once, shame on Nep. Fool me twice, shame on me. I should have known better than to read this thread, where Nep inflicts his indecision on all of us stupid enough to read, taking us on a pointless journey that ends in the same place it began (stagnant in the stagnant state of CT).
Correct, and he'll be complaining about his upstairs neighbors going at it in a few weeks, in an overpriced apartment he hates.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:32 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,207,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
Actually Nep's threads are pretty entertaining. Facts support this.

This thread was getting boring, until Jay, with his math, woke up our sleeping giant.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:39 PM

I got a kick out of OP's claims that Columbus is more "progressive" than FFC.

Another things that jumps at me -- OP says that whatever this Board votes, that's what he'll do. Whoever has been around here, knows better. But that's not the issue for me.

My issue is -- why would Nep rely on a community of faceless unknowns, and not on his family for tossing the tiebreaker? OP's parents have done very well for themselves, reportedly. His younger brothers as well.

Why shouldn't these family members "break this tie" for Nep, rather than us?

Old 06-08-2015, 06:44 PM

814 posts, read 911,629 times
Hey Nep if it makes you feel any better I accepted a job offer today as well with Audi, see change is often good.

As far as your neighbors getting drilled like a Texas oil rig that's just part of human nature and also why we have headphones and heavy metal music.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
Hey Nep if it makes you feel any better I accepted a job offer today as well with Audi, see change is often good.

As far as your neighbors getting drilled like a Texas oil rig that's just part of human nature and also why we have headphones and heavy metal music.
Humans make all kinds of pretty terrible noises. Why would OP have to hear it? Noise pollution / nuissance is a big deal in urban environments.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:05 PM

814 posts, read 911,629 times
well you know explosives orgasms can be rather expressive, um if you don't want to here it live in a house, I mean life happens daily should embrace it and not shelter yourself from it.

Hey Nep if you wanna have a little fun before you move the next time you see that noisy girl say hey just so you know I could make you scream louder, see what she says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut