Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:57 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,733,619 times

Advertisements

Spent the weekend up in Danbury this weekend Friday through Monday a family member came in. Haven't been up to Danbury really since 2011. Worked in the city for a month at the start of the year never had the chance then to explored the city. My has it changed and grown. Have to say one of the best cities in the state. The mall has been redone, which is really awesome some nice restaurant's. Downtown has improved really enjoy the downtown area. A lot of amazing restaurant's on Route 6 and off of Lake Avenue. Mini golf and Go Kart in town nearby. The roads are the best I have seen in the state.

I mean outside of a waterfront, think Candlewood is too small to consider a waterfront for what section is in Danbury. However, that's okay your close to a few great lakes in the area. Your close to the city. Close to a lot of great attractions only 30 minutes away. As well as a lot of outdoor recreation area's up in the Northwestern corner of the state, Berkshires, Hudson Valley, and Catskills all close by.

Drove by my old college West Conn and wow has it grown. Really awesome college.

I think if they can build a greenway connecting Bethel to Danbury to Brookfield to New Milford be a game changer for the area. Know they were in the process last time I was up in the area, but don't believe much came to fruition.

Also be great if they built a community college in Danbury definitely a great area. Know NVCC has some offices up there, but a Western campus think be a great idea.

I think New Britain Rockcats should of moved to Danbury as well would be a great location.

Definitely Tarrywile, War Memorial, Ice Arena, and much more in the city make it a great city of CT. Can't believe how much Danbury Hospital has grown and changed.

Last edited by RunD1987; 08-24-2015 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 09:55 AM

678 posts, read 849,866 times
But I agree. The Danbury area is one of the best in the state. The perfect fusion of NY metro and New England feel in my opinion. When I think Connecticut, I think Upper Fairfield County and it's a well kept treasure from the I-95 corridor.

I'm not so worried about being next to Long Island Sound. Hartford isn't and no one makes it an issue. But it's usually what makes people shy away from Danbury compared to other places in Connecticut. One of my favorite things is having the best (or at worst, the 2nd best) mall in the state. Extremely convenient.

Last edited by JayCT; 08-24-2015 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: RRemoved flame

Old 08-24-2015, 10:06 AM

The mall has changed since I been there. Not sure of any new stores came, but having LLBean and Eddie Bauer is a plus. The Christmas Tree shop near by is awesome with Barnes and Noble. Really think they can add in a laser tag place to that plaza with a laser tag place, a comic place, a Chiplote or Moes, and a computer/card gaming location be golden right there. Not sure if any paint ball nearby, know near Wooster Mountain would be a great location.

I am just amazed how much development has been done. Really miss Danbury now ha.

Not sure if the Danbury Mall lost it's title to Milford Mall for being the largest, think second largest.

Also saw them building a new fitness center on Route 6.

Not sure if they refurbished the old theater down town make a great place to do up like they did with the Palace.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:17 AM

678 posts, read 849,866 times
There's a card gaming store in the Walmart/Staples plaza. You got me on computer, however.

Top two malls of Connecticut is Danbury and West Farms (Farmington). Milford and Trumbull don't really compare, imo.

There's a place for Paintball in Oxford, but, one of these other towns might have it. Laser tag is also something I feel like might be in Brookfield/Bethel, but, not 100% sure.

There is quite a few activities to go around, however. There's a gun range in New Milford, I think.

Oh, and Chipotle is in Danbury Mall.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:21 AM

^^^Sweet I didn't know that. Yeah I mean Danbury is growing and has some potential. Wonder if opening a theater in the mall area be good move. I really wouldn't mind not living by CT Lake, the Sound. I mean water is not as great as swimming in the lakes in Danbury area, still bad ear infections. However, boating kayaking in some of the lakes is less crowded than the Sound.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:22 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,403,774 times
Best city in terms of what?

Old 08-24-2015, 02:23 PM

Everything ha. Easy to travel, decent places to walk to, decent places to live, and a lot of activities to do.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:25 PM

21,836 posts, read 28,214,759 times
I like downtown Bethel but downtown Danbury is still really lacking compared to other city/town centers in the state.

The mall is certainly nice but I wouldn't say it defines a "city". Western Danbury and the lake area is by far the nicest, but very suburban.

In FFC, Stamford is a much better example of a good city.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:33 PM

Feel easier to drive around Danbury then Stamford or any cities near NYC on the coast. Definitely will agree Danbury has been hit or miss in regards to nightlife.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:01 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,403,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Everything ha. Easy to travel, decent places to walk to, decent places to live, and a lot of activities to do.
yeah i dont know about that, Stamford and New Haven are easily higher on my list... Danbury is still a little bit too sleepy and remote for my liking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut