Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want To Win?
Donald Trump 44 45.83%
Jeb Bush 1 1.04%
Scott Walker 1 1.04%
Mike Huckabee 0 0%
Ben Carson 1 1.04%
Ted Cruz 8 8.33%
Marco Rubio 13 13.54%
Rand Paul 4 4.17%
Chris Christie 5 5.21%
John Kasich 5 5.21%
Other 14 14.58%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 10:19 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Trust me loan's stink, but being under Democratic rule in CT will make me never vote for a Democrat. They have gutted healthcare and allowed state college tution to be raised in the state.
To be fair, this is happening across the board among red AND blue states. It's just the times we're in.

The highest state college tuition rises in the last few years was in Arizona (83.6% increase since 2008), Georgia, Louisiana, and Florida - red states. 2 blue states are also in the top 6 highest rises. Source: Where public university tuition has skyrocketed - May. 13, 2015

At least several states have passed bills to freeze state college tuition increases, including Washington and Minnesota - blue states. Source: States Move to Curb Rising College Tuition

Gutting healthcare is not a "Democrat" thing - it's a CT thing. Dems are more often than not criticized for NOT cutting services (and letting the tab pile high). The situation in CT is just calling for cuts everywhere; if a republican was voted in tomorrow, he would likely do the same thing.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:21 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'd really suggest more research on your part about which party tends to fund education and healthcare...
I know nursing unions are backing the Dems to fix loan's, but look at how bad the Dems destroyed healthcare in CT. At least $256 million cut from the hospitals in CT and CT is preventing federal funds being given to Hospitals.

Need to fix heakth insurance new regulations prevent a lot of people from receiving treatment.

I guess I could vote Democrat, but unfortunately Hillary will probably win she will just continue with the current regime and offer little change.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:46 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,960,503 times
I am appalled at anyone who actually thinks Hillary is a better candidate than Bernie. She has voted on the wrong side of history way too often, while Bernie has voted on the right side of history 100% of the time. Hillary receives huge donations from Wall Street and big corporations, and her positions on various issues have changed, as a result. For example, in 2008 she was vehemently advocating single payer healthcare, but now in 2015 she received huge donations from big pharmaceutical companies, and suddenly now she is opposed to single payer healthcare. Interesting how that works.

Hillary has also changed her positions on issues way too often for comfort, often copying Bernie's positions just weeks after he announced his positions on the issues. She is also "late to the party" with certain issues, such as the Keystone pipeline and gay marriage. For example, Bernie was supporting gay rights since 1972, yet Hillary was opposed to same sex marriage all the way up until at least 2010, and now she's for it.

Bernie also has, if anything, a better ability to attract a handful of Republican voters than Hillary does. Republicans absolutely cannot stand Hillary on all accounts. However, there are some Republicans who are now supporting Bernie, and I know a few of them personally. Even in Vermont, Bernie had unusually high popularity among Republicans, many of whom voted for him. As of today, Bernie is the #1 most popular senator in the United States.

Bernie is polling better than Obama was at this stage in the race in 2007. When a person switches their support from Hillary to Bernie, there's no turning back.

Bernie is more electable than any of the Republican or Democratic candidates, period.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:07 PM

684 posts, read 812,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I am appalled at anyone who actually thinks Hillary is a better candidate than Bernie. She has voted on the wrong side of history way too often, while Bernie has voted on the right side of history 100% of the time. Hillary receives huge donations from Wall Street and big corporations, and her positions on various issues have changed, as a result. For example, in 2008 she was vehemently advocating single payer healthcare, but now in 2015 she received huge donations from big pharmaceutical companies, and suddenly now she is opposed to single payer healthcare. Interesting how that works.

Hillary has also changed her positions on issues way too often for comfort, often copying Bernie's positions just weeks after he announced his positions on the issues. She is also "late to the party" with certain issues, such as the Keystone pipeline and gay marriage. For example, Bernie was supporting gay rights since 1972, yet Hillary was opposed to same sex marriage all the way up until at least 2010, and now she's for it.

Bernie also has, if anything, a better ability to attract a handful of Republican voters than Hillary does. Republicans absolutely cannot stand Hillary on all accounts. However, there are some Republicans who are now supporting Bernie, and I know a few of them personally. Even in Vermont, Bernie had unusually high popularity among Republicans, many of whom voted for him. As of today, Bernie is the #1 most popular senator in the United States.

Bernie is polling better than Obama was at this stage in the race in 2007. When a person switches their support from Hillary to Bernie, there's no turning back.

Bernie is more electable than any of the Republican or Democratic candidates, period.
And you really think our politicians don't get money from anyone ? Local mayors, governors , and unions go hand in hand. They all favor each other and donate etc , make back door deals etc. Problem is politics are corrupted on all sides , it needs to be stopped . A lot of things need to be readjusted and that's not just CT specific.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
And you really think our politicians don't get money from anyone ? Local mayors, governors , and unions go hand in hand. They all favor each other and donate etc , make back door deals etc. Problem is politics are corrupted on all sides , it needs to be stopped . A lot of things need to be readjusted and that's not just CT specific.
This doesn't apply to Bernie Sanders. He is not corrupt at all. He doesn't accept or ask for huge donations from special interests. But for most other politicians, yes, you are correct.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:46 PM

684 posts, read 812,846 times
Quote:
This doesn't apply to Bernie Sanders. He is not corrupt at all. He doesn't accept or ask for huge donations from special interests. But for most other politicians, yes, you are correct.
Well if they can prove that they are on a clean slate and will remain like that and actually do good then I'll vote that person regardless of party. There needs to be consequences but that never happens.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:52 PM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Cool site and quiz..

"Answer the following questions to see which 2016
U.S Presidential candidate you side with."

Do all questions even under "show more" . And if you click "other" as the choice it gives better detailed answer choices. Might help the end result.

I had Trump at 95%. Hillary was 7th.

http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2...paign=q_us_tr1

Posted this in the weather forum General Chat thread. Some interesting results from some members.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:04 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,316,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Cool site and quiz..

"Answer the following questions to see which 2016
U.S Presidential candidate you side with."

Do all questions even under "show more" . And if you click "other" as the choice it gives better detailed answer choices. Might help the end result.

I had Trump at 95%. Hillary was 7th.

2016 Presidential Election Quiz

Posted this in the weather forum General Chat thread. Some interesting results from some members.
This is pretty cool thanks.
I got...
Ben Carson - 78%
Bernie Sanders - 76%
Marco Rubio - 75%
Carly Fiorina - 71%
Donald Trump - 65%
Hillary Clinton - 62%
Rand Paul - 48%

And a few more

Old 12-06-2015, 08:50 PM

Trump is an international embarrassment.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:58 PM

21,631 posts, read 31,231,833 times
Quote:
Trump is an international embarrassment.
At this point, who cares what other nations think? Obama has been an apologist his entire presidential career, and it hasn't done much good. I'm of the mindset that we need to start caring more about what happens on our own soil - not bend over and take it so other countries are happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut