Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 07:46 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
Not to sound callous here, but after reading details about the family I can't say I'm too surprised. Even if nobody publicly admits it, we all know if you run a 'trash hauling' company, what that really means. Every trash hauling company in Connecticut and most of the northeast is mafia-linked. These are the 'wrong kind of rich people' that elitists in those towns talk about behind their backs.

I'm sure the father and the son were/are real pieces of work.
Actually that is not completely true. I have a good friend in the business and he is not involved in any questionable business practices nor does he tolerate it. He actually is well educated and comes from a good family. He steers clear of the BS. On the other hand I know another person who was in the business and was involved in questionable practices. He and his family were forced to go into witness protection so he could testify against some questionable people. I have no idea about the Easton couple though. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 07:55 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
Not to sound callous here, but after reading details about the family I can't say I'm too surprised. Even if nobody publicly admits it, we all know if you run a 'trash hauling' company, what that really means. Every trash hauling company in Connecticut and most of the northeast is mafia-linked. These are the 'wrong kind of rich people' that elitists in those towns talk about behind their backs.

I'm sure the father and the son were/are real pieces of work.
That used to be the case in CT, but not so much anymore. There are many non "mobbed up" hauling companies in the state, especially in the smaller towns that have private trash removal.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:13 PM

104 posts, read 99,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Nice to see the Weston police on top of their game. Like they couldn't think to search an abandoned house with a connection to the family a couple of months ago.
That struck me too. You'd think a small town police force would know of all the abandoned properties in the area -- sites for underage drinking parties, squatters, trespassers, etc. -- and search them first for missing bodies, er, missing persons.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:52 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Thoughts to the family Haven't read any of the articles or the previous pages, but the car in the parking lot was more then likely staged to look like a robbery. I wonder if this case will be a future 48 hours/dateline story on ID??

Old 11-06-2015, 09:04 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,349,947 times
[VIDEO] Cause of Death Released in Murdered Easton Couple...

This was in my local paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut