Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the April 26th CT primaries? (Note: poll is anonymous)
Hillary Clinton 9 19.15%
Bernie Sanders 15 31.91%
Donald Trump 9 19.15%
Ted Cruz 2 4.26%
John Kasich 8 17.02%
Undecided 1 2.13%
Won't Vote 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 07:32 AM

720 posts, read 919,936 times

Advertisements

#nevertrump

Old 04-27-2016, 08:17 AM

138 posts, read 116,316 times
I would never vote for either Trump or Clinton but I don't understand those who are saying "I hate both but prefer Clinton". If you had to vote for someone who you knew is going to be an awful president, why would you prefer one with a gang of sycophants in Washington to the outsider who is going to have questionable support from both parties.

Or do something reasonable and vote third party.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blargrifth View Post
I would never vote for either Trump or Clinton but I don't understand those who are saying "I hate both but prefer Clinton". If you had to vote for someone who you knew is going to be an awful president, why would you prefer one with a gang of sycophants in Washington to the outsider who is going to have questionable support from both parties.

Or do something reasonable and vote third party.

I voted for Sanders but will now support Clinton even though I can't stand her. The reason for this is because Trump is filled with hatred and he is a bigot. He has no concrete plans expect to build a stupid wall, I honestly question the IQ/sanity of anyone who voted for him.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPL View Post
I voted for Sanders but will now support Clinton even though I can't stand her. The reason for this is because Trump is filled with hatred and he is a bigot. He has no concrete plans expect to build a stupid wall, I honestly question the IQ/sanity of anyone who voted for him.
Well this is the other thing that I don't understand: where is this hateful bigot nonsense coming from? I hear protesters saying things like "z0mg he thinks all Mexicans are racists!!!11" based on one comment that he made a year ago. Why not criticize his actual policy? There is plenty to dislike about it, but so many of these nevertrump people make themselves look like ignorant fools by trying to frame him as a bigot with no real substance behind their argument.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Well this is the other thing that I don't understand: where is this hateful bigot nonsense coming from? I hear protesters saying things like "z0mg he thinks all Mexicans are racists!!!11" based on one comment that he made a year ago. Why not criticize his actual policy? There is plenty to dislike about it, but so many of these nevertrump people make themselves look like ignorant fools by trying to frame him as a bigot with no real substance behind their argument.

are you serious?

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.”

“If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

Here Are 9 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist

Old 04-27-2016, 09:04 AM

678 posts, read 847,199 times
Quote:
It's easy to criticize his policies as well because the things he says is bad enough, you know the end result is also bad. For example, the wall cannot be paid by Mexico because the money that Mexico "owes" us is not the money by government to government but by several independent people and businesses. You'd have to get several people to agree and pay for it and I don't think Trump is viewed favorably to begin with in . You can't threaten Mexico with ceasing trade or any of that sort because that will soon threaten the profits of several Fortune 500 companies and then businesses won't be happy. Very anti-Republican there, if you ask me.

Also, that wall would cost billions to build and will cost just as much money if not more to maintain it. Don't forget that they'd have to haul several tons of equipment across the country and then the labor costs with security. The wall could also be blown up on the other side if cartels wanted it to. Or you can build tunnels underneath it like the one that was discovered between Tijuana and San Diego. Either way, it would cost immense amount of money. And this doesn't even address the illegal immigrants who come through the waters into places like Florida. In other words, waste of money

Genuinely curious why Cam likes Trump so much and why mlassoff is voting for Clinton. Just want to hear your opinions, not here to debate even.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPL View Post
are you serious?

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.”

“If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

Here Are 9 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist
So you are confusing his attempts at gaining attention for his campaign platform. That's fine if you disagree with those statements but it is irrelevant to use those statements when trying to judge his capacity as a potential president. The post below you is a much better example on how to criticize Trump.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:25 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
I completely agree. It's simply an easy "go-to" for those who don't like him.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:35 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Voted yesterday for Sanders. If Sanders doesn't run as an Independent will vote for Jill Stein.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:39 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
One thing I've noticed: Hilary wins in the wealthier states (CT, MA, MD) while Bernie wins the poorer states. I think she'll also win California and New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut