Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 12:40 PM

34,937 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Yep! I say, wipe the slate clean and get new candidates because this batch is bad. Denpending on what the convention does in the summer I might have to sit this one out. People fought and died for our right to vote (-and for that I cannot be more thankful). But (most likely) voting between a person being investigated by the fbi or a reality tv start isn't what the forefathers wanted.

#cantwaitforthistover
Yeah, I will likely be holding my nose when I cast my ballot. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 02:29 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Sandy Hook parents being able to sue the gun manufacturers is like sueing the car manufacture when someone gets run over. It doesn't make sense to me. You don't blame the manufacture for what people do with the product. I'm not a fan of Bernie Sanders but he's right on this one IMO.
I have to agree-- There's no product liability here. The guns manufactured are/were lawful and manufacturer had no role in providing them to Lanza.

I could not be more empathetic towards these parents, but the manufacturer is not at fault here.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:40 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
It really depends on what the specific argument is.. I've seen some pretty nuanced cases where a party is not the primary one at fault but it comes to light that they share some of the blame due to what happened in their shop. Like for example maybe the guns were made in a faulty way and let's say sent the bullet out in pieces that caused more pain/injury than normal - particularly if the victim didn't die in this case but was left worse off by the fragments than if it were one bullet. Not saying this is what happened but it's hard to judge if a case has legs based on a macro view (aka press view) of the situation.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:52 PM

503 posts, read 530,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Like for example maybe the guns were made in a faulty way and let's say sent the bullet out in pieces that caused more pain/injury than normal - particularly if the victim didn't die in this case but was left worse off by the fragments than if it were one bullet.
I could see the merit of a lawsuit in that case. However, I think the likelihood that something legitimate like your example is involved would be infinitesimally small. Odds are they are wasting everyone's time.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:55 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Ya never know! Is a lawsuit actually happening or is this just about Bernie's view on a hypothetical lawsuit?

Old 04-07-2016, 06:37 PM

660 posts, read 658,756 times
I think I am going to pencil in Connecticut as a loss for Bernie. I could stomach a close Connecticut loss though, Pennsylvania, who is voting on the same day as Connecticut, has 134 more delegates than Connecticut.

I think Trump will win Connecticut, huge. It wasn't smart for Ted Cruz who was never doing well in New York to basically offend 20 million people and "New York Values" on the debate stage.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:01 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
I am delighted Sanders is toast. The Dems were foolish to ever allow him to caucus with them, and should kick him out ASAP.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:09 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,186,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBern View Post
I think I am going to pencil in Connecticut as a loss for Bernie. I could stomach a close Connecticut loss though, Pennsylvania, who is voting on the same day as Connecticut, has 134 more delegates than Connecticut.

I think Trump will win Connecticut, huge. It wasn't smart for Ted Cruz who was never doing well in New York to basically offend 20 million people and "New York Values" on the debate stage.
CT values are not NY values in a fairly big way. :P

Old 04-07-2016, 09:10 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
Now that I'm living in CT again, I am thrilled to be voting for Bernie again in just a few weeks! I voted for him in the Ohio primary last month.

He won 6 states in a row so far, by huge margins! He's rapidly closing in on Hillary in the polls, nationally and state by state. I really hope he wins New York, Pennsylvania and California! I have a feeling CT will go for Hillary though, sadly.

At this critical time in our nation, we need another FDR. And Bernie is just that.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:20 PM

138 posts, read 116,316 times
We need another Great Depression that gets resolved by a unimaginably large war? I can't agree with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: