Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 07:18 PM

464 posts, read 312,408 times

Advertisements

Great news indeed. I think Trader Joe’s would also do wel in Enfield
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 07:38 AM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1017 View Post
Great news indeed. I think Trader Joe’s would also do wel in Enfield
Agree. I think the Hartford market is severely underserved by TJ's. The West Hartford location is always swamped, no matter the time of year, and the parking crunch at Corbin's Corner is ridiculous.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:43 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,722,408 times
If it happens, I think TJ would do very well in Manchester. I remember asking one of the cashiers a while ago if they would ever expand elsewhere in the state, and they told me that they typically open new locations in densely populated areas and capitalize on that (as they've done in their WH location). This while years ago, and I was told they did NOT plan to open a new market, which did not make sense to me since there aren't any others around. People as far as Colchester have come to the WH location, so if one opens in Manchester, people east of the river wouldn't have to schlep it all the way over here anymore. And the store is great. I've been going since they first opened and have no complaints (other than the crowds and sometimes they discontinue some of their popular items). Glad to hear they're expanding!

Old 01-26-2018, 09:13 AM

34,937 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
If it happens, I think TJ would do very well in Manchester. I remember asking one of the cashiers a while ago if they would ever expand elsewhere in the state, and they told me that they typically open new locations in densely populated areas and capitalize on that (as they've done in their WH location). This while years ago, and I was told they did NOT plan to open a new market, which did not make sense to me since there aren't any others around. People as far as Colchester have come to the WH location, so if one opens in Manchester, people east of the river wouldn't have to schlep it all the way over here anymore. And the store is great. I've been going since they first opened and have no complaints (other than the crowds and sometimes they discontinue some of their popular items). Glad to hear they're expanding!
I am surprised it took them so long to open a store east of the Connecticut River. West Hartford attracts a lot of people from all over the region but the company could do a lot better in the state. They really should have one north, south, east and west of Hartford to truly serve the region. They also should be looking to expand north and east of New Haven and to the New London area as well. Jay

Old 01-26-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I am surprised it took them so long to open a store east of the Connecticut River. West Hartford attracts a lot of people from all over the region but the company could do a lot better in the state. They really should have one north, south, east and west of Hartford to truly serve the region. They also should be looking to expand north and east of New Haven and to the New London area as well. Jay
Well, if you look at their location map on their website, they actually do have a pretty good amount in and around the New Haven area (I think Orange has one and possibly Milford), since that's where the densely populated areas are. They follow the crowds. They may open one in New London, depending on whether or not they feel it's economical and they'd attract enough business.

Personally, I'm more excited to try Shake Shack once it comes to Corbin's Corner, but I digress.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Well, if you look at their location map on their website, they actually do have a pretty good amount in and around the New Haven area (I think Orange has one and possibly Milford), since that's where the densely populated areas are. They follow the crowds. They may open one in New London, depending on whether or not they feel it's economical and they'd attract enough business.

Personally, I'm more excited to try Shake Shack once it comes to Corbin's Corner, but I digress.
Hartford Metro has 1.4 million people. It is the largest metro in the state and yet it only has one store. That is not following the crowd. That is ignoring it. Jay

Old 01-29-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Hartford Metro has 1.4 million people. It is the largest metro in the state and yet it only has one store. That is not following the crowd. That is ignoring it. Jay
Which is probably why they're looking to add a second location, as they should IMO.

It might be the most populous part of the state, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but keep in mind that a lot those towns in lower CT are densely populated, even if as a whole it's not as congested as Hartford County. There's also a great deal more of affluent families in that area, and that's likely another factor they look at when opening a new market. Yes, there's wealth up here too, but there's a lot more of if in lower FFC and it's just overall a busier part of the state.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:11 AM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post

There is also proposal to develop the lot opposite the 84 west exit 63 Avery st currently a vet office. The proposal is for 2 retail stores and a fast food store.
I thought that was a fairly new vet office - past 6 or so years?

Old 01-29-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I thought that was a fairly new vet office - past 6 or so years?
No, that is an old house that was converted to offices. I am guessing it was built in the 60's when many of the other houses on that section of Avery Street were built. It may have been converted to the vet offices 6 years ago but I do not remember exactly. Jay

Old 01-29-2018, 01:41 PM

242 posts, read 351,081 times
Quote:
No, that is an old house that was converted to offices. I am guessing it was built in the 60's when many of the other houses on that section of Avery Street were built. It may have been converted to the vet offices 6 years ago but I do not remember exactly. Jay
Jay, I think you're right about the timeframe for that vet place on Avery Street. I don't see how they have enough space to build 2 retail stores along with parking there. That intersection is hell as it is so any added traffic would make it that much worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut