Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 06:14 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times

Advertisements

Luxury gas station planned for Connecticut wealthiest town ? Will it have Luxury gas ? What you think of this idea ?

Ultra-luxury gas station planned in Greenwich - Connecticut Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 08:16 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,945,109 times
I just saw this and think it would be interesting. IF any town can support something like this, Greenwich can. I hope it is built and is a success. I may even drive down there one day to see it. Jay

Old 09-09-2016, 09:11 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I just saw this and think it would be interesting. IF any town can support something like this, Greenwich can. I hope it is built and is a success. I may even drive down there one day to see it. Jay
It looks like you need a net worth of $50 million and be a member. It doesn't look like general public will be allowed. Although if you meet those requirements, Jay, that's pretty bad@ss.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:03 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It looks like you need a net worth of $50 million and be a member. It doesn't look like general public will be allowed. Although if you meet those requirements, Jay, that's pretty bad@ss.
LOL, not even close. How about you? I could be your guest.

I just would like to see the place from the outside. I really can't imagine where this would be built though. It is not like there are a lot of large commercial lots waiting for this sized development in Greenwich. Maybe just someone's pipe dream. Still an interesting concept. Jay

Old 09-09-2016, 10:46 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
LOL, not even close. How about you? I could be your guest.

I just would like to see the place from the outside. I really can't imagine where this would be built though. It is not like there are a lot of large commercial lots waiting for this sized development in Greenwich. Maybe just someone's pipe dream. Still an interesting concept. Jay
There are petrol station similar to this Dubai where the fuel comes at a higher price vs a membership fee. I didn't see any water park but retails shops and salons to relax in while the vehicle is filled up and detailed.

This Greenwich concept takes it to a whole new level with the conference rooms, sleeping suites, and park. It almost sounds like a business conference center that happens to offer fuel.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:28 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
Good way to get out of the house for a little bit. "Hey Hun I'm going to the gas station to fill up the tank". I'll end up coming home in a bathing suit and my wife will be like, "I thought you said you went to the gas station". I'm respond, "I did after I went to the water park and tried some steak".

Old 09-09-2016, 07:43 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Ballerrrr. My brother has a remote place in upstate NY where we go hunting and the only thing to eat within 30 minutes is, what we have coined "gasoline food". The gasoline food comes from a citgo gas station that has a small kitchen and serves buffalo wings, burgers etc. it's the kind of place that, while waiting for food, a local farmer comes in with boots covered knee deep in horse sh$&. Anyway, while this luxury gas/convenience store is indeed "fancy as F", and the clients...members... Won't be covered in horse manure, the concept, despite all its contextual suave, is just that of "gasoline food". I'm not sure multimillionaires will eat steak at the same place they're fueling their lambo and buying a pack of smokes before their big business trip to London, but I could be wrong ...

Old 09-09-2016, 09:36 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
No poor people are allow to use this gas station you need net worth of $50 million.

NORWALK - Having a net worth of $50 million is all that's required to use a new facility recently announced for Greenwich.

The Guess Corporation announced plans to open what it calls "a chain of ultra-luxury gas/convenience stores as country clubs."

It says it eventually hopes to have at least two locations in every state, with Greenwich being the first.

Families will be required to have a net worth of at least $50 million to join the club before buying any gas or dipping into the accompanying pool.

Gas station will require $50M net worth for customers | News 12 Connecticut

Old 09-09-2016, 09:59 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
No poor people are allow to use this gas station you need net worth of $50 million.

NORWALK - Having a net worth of $50 million is all that's required to use a new facility recently announced for Greenwich.

The Guess Corporation announced plans to open what it calls "a chain of ultra-luxury gas/convenience stores as country clubs."

It says it eventually hopes to have at least two locations in every state, with Greenwich being the first.

Families will be required to have a net worth of at least $50 million to join the club before buying any gas or dipping into the accompanying pool.

Gas station will require $50M net worth for customers | News 12 Connecticut
Under $50 million is considered poor? If that's the case, I must be a slave.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:06 AM

281 posts, read 345,322 times
Quote:
Man, the poverty line in this country is awfully high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut