Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 09:42 AM

21 posts, read 78,225 times

Advertisements

OK, got a ticket copy - they ticketed one of my cars (which is currently in possession of my college student daughter) for the improper parking in a town of Chaplin, but the ticket itself was probably blown away. But dude, $92 for improper parking? Are you serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 05:23 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,836,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olegus View Post
OK, got a ticket copy - they ticketed one of my cars (which is currently in possession of my college student daughter) for the improper parking in a town of Chaplin, but the ticket itself was probably blown away. But dude, $92 for improper parking? Are you serious?

$92 actually sounds right if the ticket was issued for "improper parking on a state highway" RT 6 goes thru Chaplin so maybe that's where it happened.

A town/city issued parking ticket wouldn't be $92 nor would it go thru the infractions bureau. At any rate, if you have the time plea not guilty and go to court. During the holiday season a lot of courts will dismiss tickets in exchange for a cash donation to a charity. Donation is usually less than the ticket, but don't count on that.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:26 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,628,157 times
$92 appears to be a common amount for several specific parking violations. Also the smallest.

See page 10 of https://www.jud.ct.gov/Publications/...nfractions.pdf

Old 10-18-2016, 03:37 PM

21 posts, read 78,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
$92 actually sounds right if the ticket was issued for "improper parking on a state highway" RT 6 goes thru Chaplin so maybe that's where it happened.
Ticket says " parked in the dirt turn off at the top of Diana's Pool rd" , which is very narrow residential street as I understood . The violation code is 14-251, which refers to the highway parking - http://www.easylawlookup.com/Connect...=EASY&pgno=150

Old 10-18-2016, 06:01 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
I didn't realize that the Centralized Infractions Bureau handles parking tickets. I thought they only.handled moving violations.

When I got a speeding ticket a while back, I sent my response to the ticket to the Centralized Infractions Bureau and they list it. About 3 weeks after the response date, I got a letter from them stating that I had failed to answer my ticket and that my license would be suspended if I failed to respond by some date in the near future.

I called them and they accepted my response over the phone. My court date was arranged a few weeks later.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:50 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I didn't realize that the Centralized Infractions Bureau handles parking tickets. I thought they only.handled moving violations.
As long as the parking violation is on public property, it's fair game.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Ticket says " parked in the dirt turn off at the top of Diana's Pool rd" , which is very narrow residential street as I understood . The violation code is 14-251, which refers to the highway parking - Connecticut Law - Title 14 Motor Vehicles. Use Of The Highway By Vehicles. Gasoline - (pg. 150) Sec. 14-251. Parking Vehicles.

I read thru 14-251 briefly so maybe I'm wrong, but to me it reads like it ONLY applies to cars parked on state highways. "Diana's Pool Rd" doesn't sound like a state highway to me. I would certainly bring that up in court. Police can and do make mistakes from time to time.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:10 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I read thru 14-251 briefly so maybe I'm wrong, but to me it reads like it ONLY applies to cars parked on state highways. "Diana's Pool Rd" doesn't sound like a state highway to me. I would certainly bring that up in court. Police can and do make mistakes from time to time.
If "Diana's Pool Road" is a public road, it applies. That's the only criteria that needs to be met.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:13 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,144 times
Quote:
"blown away" or your college student daughter didn't want mom/dad to find out..

Anyway, just pay it... better yet, make your kid pay it. They're the one who illegally parked.. hold them accountable instead of complaining about it.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
If "Diana's Pool Road" is a public road, it applies. That's the only criteria that needs to be met.
There's too much ambiguity in the statue as its written on that website. The actual statue may read differently at the official source which one can usually research at a big library. New Britain public library has all of the titles and statues in their research room that the public can use.

If what you wrote were true the state police could be writing $92 parking tickets in downtown Hartford or other cities/towns across CT which I have never heard of them doing before.

I do not doubt that state police would right these types of tickets, but that doesn't mean they are legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut