Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2018, 07:05 AM

14,045 posts, read 13,920,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Next week.... we continue.. Being underneath the Jet will continue our Florida like weather with spotty downpours, storms, clouds and sun, humidity.

No heat wave in sight though.

Fort Lauderdale, Connecticut

Old 08-04-2018, 07:26 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,252,292 times
FFW in Litchfield County

Quote:
ULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Flash Flood Warning
National Weather Service Albany NY
730 AM EDT SAT AUG 4 2018

The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a

* Flash Flood Warning for...
Central Litchfield County in northern Connecticut...

* Until 1130 AM EDT.

* At 727 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain across the warned area. Up to two inches of rain has
already fallen. Flash flooding is expected to begin shortly.

* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Torrington, New Milford, Sherman, Thomaston, New Hartford,
Litchfield, Northwest Harwinton, Oakville, Terryville, New Hartford
Center, Woodbury Center, Gaylordsville, New Preston, Watertown,
Plymouth, Woodbury, Harwinton, Barkhamsted, Bethlehem and
Washington.

Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches are possible in the
warned area.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

A Flash Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring.
If you are in the warned area move to higher ground immediately.
Residents living along streams and creeks should take immediate
precautions to protect life and property.

The End Is Near!! Looks faster than I thought.

5:15-9:15am Loop

Green Outlines = Flash Flood Warnings

Old 08-04-2018, 07:34 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,310,798 times
Deluging in Clinton.
Thursday I'm leaving CT for a place that basically gets ZERO rain so... Maybe should go outside and dance nekid in it.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:13 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,876,476 times
Quote:
Yeah, temps have only been in the 80s. Imagine if they were higher with this humidity.?
Summers have been lacking 90s in past decade but humidity has increased. #MoreClouds?

Exactly....we have had higher humidity, more precip (including snow), and higher nighttime temperatures, while in most places daytime tempertures have either not increased in a statistically significant way or have even declined (but again usually not enough to be statistically significant).

Climate and its feedbacks are very complex (i.e. maybe a warming forcing is repelled with more clouds and humidity).....it's why I believe in what you call you-know-what (and I used to honestly be a skeptic despite politics that are generally but not completely more left than right) but not in the way that it is portrayed....but time will tell either way on who's right.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:33 AM

While the water temp off our beaches in Connecticut are very warm and above normal, check out the Atlantic! The whole Atlantic is cooling off. Well below normal in the Northern Atlantic.

Source:

Big implications for us.. Check out the water temps in the North Atlantic!! Day After Tomorrow has some truth with regards to the cooling of the Gulf Current (not the drastic results though)

NOAA won't show this cooling trend though.

https://twitter.com/NoTricksZone/sta...51908525080576

Old 08-04-2018, 10:38 AM

Also, reason why the Polar Vortex has been dropping south more in the winter is because the Arctic has warmed up. Lack of and Thinning Acrtic sea ice allows the Vortex to be somewhere else easier.

When the Vortex is further south, Connecticut gets super cold and snowy.

Can you imagine every winter or Spring having a month like March 2014, Feb 2015 or April 2018? Maybe they will become more common and/or stretched out longer.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:40 AM

1,572 posts, read 1,559,949 times
Looks like there's been close to 1.5 inches at Hartford's Brainard Airport, as of their last reading at 11:53 AM.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:29 AM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Can you imagine every winter or Spring having a month like March 2014, Feb 2015 or April 2018? Maybe they will become more common and/or stretched out longer.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONONO

Because the only thing that makes a long winter bearable is a perfect summer and this ain't it. Neither was last year

Old 08-04-2018, 11:35 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Also, reason why the Polar Vortex has been dropping south more in the winter is because the Arctic has warmed up. Lack of and Thinning Acrtic sea ice allows the Vortex to be somewhere else easier.

When the Vortex is further south, Connecticut gets super cold and snowy.

If that happens, expect CT’s population to decline [more rapidly]!

Old 08-04-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
NO NO NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONONO

Because the only thing that makes a long winter bearable is a perfect summer and this ain't it. Neither was last year

lol, I love the seasons and I can love Summers too but every year I'm reminded how I wish there were only 3 seasons. Damn Humidity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
If that happens, expect CT’s population to decline [more rapidly]!
I think there's going to be a battle. We wont see it short term but maybe with an animated map over the next 20 yrs? We'll see people moving East and North away from the drought, heat and humidity of the south & west but people moving south away from the cold snowy winters in the north. lol Maybe the Mid Atlantic is the place to be? Or Ohio Valley.

I been following Kentucky's weather past few years & I have to admit, I think I like it. They don't get as snowy as us though which is the only flaw. lol.

BTW -- An "Ice Age" doesn't mean we all freeze. Just like Global Warming doesn't mean we'll all drown or catch fire. During the last Ice Age North Carolina still reached 70s in Summer so there's still warmth around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut