Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:28 PM

12 posts, read 8,661 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for helping me wirh your answrrs i really appreciate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 08:30 PM

Bp111. Sorry i dont understand what you re asking

Old 08-24-2017, 08:31 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa1 View Post
Bp111. Sorry i dont understand what you re asking

Your husband job is in Norwalk ?

Old 08-24-2017, 08:35 PM

No, he doesnt have a job yet
What i meant is that he can find a job only in ct

Old 08-24-2017, 08:56 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Well, the New Haven and Hartford areas are cheaper than Norwalk. Maybe look there.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:25 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
The cheapest part of the state is eastern Connecticut but that is because there is less opportunity for employment there. Southwestern Connecticut is the most expensive part of the state but there are more and better paying jobs there. You mention your husband has a commercial drivers license so I assume he is some type of truck driver. There are jobs in most major cities for this so I would say to consider the New Haven to Hartford area. Have him look for jobs first and then decide where to live.

If that is not workable I would recommend living in say Middletown where he could commute to New Haven, Hartford, Waterbury and parts of Fairfield County. That way he would have access to most major employment centers. Jay

Old 08-25-2017, 11:55 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,351,974 times
If you "google" map trucking companies in CT you can see where they are. Most of the trucking companies are in the New Haven & Hartford areas and in the towns around interstate I-91. There are also a few in Coastal Fairfield County.

Here is where I am thinking might be a good place for them to start out where it is close to the most trucking companies and less expensive cost of living. Branford, North Branford, Wallingford, Hamden are some of good towns in the New Haven area. The other posters on here can tell you other good towns in the I-91 area between New Haven and Hartford.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:34 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time and write to me !!!!!!

Old 08-26-2017, 04:26 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,511,491 times
Quote:
Hello, my husband and i moving to ct in a few months and i would like to ask you this
Any answer will help
My husband is a profesional driver cdl class b and i will be working in a restaurant, i ve heard that life in ct is expensive rent a house taxes etc is our work enough to live a good life there and make savings plans?
Your husband should have no problem finding a job with a CDL B. I have a few friends with their CDL's and they are all doing very well. They all have been working crazy overtime due to a lack of employees. Many companies are so desperate for drivers they are offering sign on bonuses.

Are you going to be waiting tables in a restaurant? If so there is plenty of money to be made if your willing to work nights/weekends.

Welcome to CT.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:59 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,181,513 times
Quote:
Hello thank you for your quick answer
We ars moving from greece to norwalk for the beggining my husband is an american citizen and his licence is only for ct we are going to rent a house ang we have a dog too
Our budget it depends on the jobs we will find once wr come there my husband was living in norwalk 22 years till 2012
We feel insecure because we heard that taxes have gone really high and rent a house is really expensive we are afraid if we can live a good life there
You are greeks and lived in Norwalk for 20 years?
Don't you have any greek connections in town, relatives, friends?
As you may know there is a large greek community there, and they all know each other. Tons of greeks in town that own multifamily rental homes, especially near Vets Park and the number streets. They also own all the diners in the region where you can work.
Its expensive in the SW corner up until about halfway through Fairfield, then it gets super cheap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut