Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:42 PM

10,105 posts, read 14,972,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Poor Bob. Just a regular T-Shirt wearing guy getting some bad reviews here. At least his prices are great.
Poor Bob?

In 2012 they had sales to the tune of $685 million.

Yeah, poor Bob... riiiight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 08:54 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Really? We used Jordan's for many pieces when we first married 25 years ago. The living room set lasted about 20 years and was more out of style than anything else. AFAIK, both pieces are still in use in a friend's daughter's first apartment. We still have a wall unit in the spare bedroom which again is out of style more than anything. The dining room set is still going strong. Again, it's no longer our taste but is still seeing daily duty - solid maple.

We have been dealing with a local furniture store. They can get basically anything we find at any of the big stores at a similar or lower price. It's all family working the store so it's easy to work with them.
25 yrs ago, they were great!

Old 10-18-2017, 05:27 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Poor Bob?

In 2012 they had sales to the tune of $685 million.

Yeah, poor Bob... riiiight.
Hey Bob is just a working stiff today. He sold a majority share in the company back in 2004 to KarpReilly who sold their stake to Bain in 2013 for $350 million. Bob's title is President Emeritus and is the face of the company. You know it's tough to get up everyday, pick out the right yellow polo shirt, and go make commercials with Cathy Poulin.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:27 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Sweet setup! Looks nice. I like the design and the round seated bar stools
The bar stools I got from Hayneedle, it was a deal I couldn't pass as nobody had good all black stools to match the set and I wanted swivel. It was either that or get custom made from a billiards store to the tone of $300 a piece?!?! I like nice things but even I have limits, this bar in one of those stores would easily be 10k.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:30 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
Also the chairs we got from Bob's for that room

Old 10-18-2017, 11:52 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,626 times
I bought a few furniture items from them once, thinking I was only going to keep them for a year or two before moving into a new home and upgrading. 5 years later, they're still with me and I've hauled them from BOS to NYC, LA, and now SF. They've held up surprisingly well! Shortly after buying, I noticed some issues with things being assembled sloppily and they sent someone out to fix and/or replace the items so I was happy with that warranty service. For us, buying a $400 couch that lasted 5 years was a pretty great deal. Only con is the sticker shock I get now that I'm ready to upgrade to Crate & Barrel and the like.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:41 AM

247 posts, read 231,151 times
Delivery update:

8-11am was my 3-hour window.

7:48 I got a phone call that they were 2 minutes away. Prompt arrival two minutes later.

Polite friendly delivery/setup men. They told me they used to work for Pilgrim but Jordan's is better pay and work conditions.

My dining table (I ordered table, 4 chairs, bench, sideboard and island) had a tiny little splotch on one corner that one of the men found as he was unwrapping it. He immediately called the dispatch and sent a photo of the blemish. They offered to bring me a new table the next day (Saturday - but I was busy and couldn't be home) so they scheduled it for the next day I was able to available at home - and left me the table with the little boo-boo until my new one comes.

Overall - I give them a 10 for sales at the New Haven location, 10 for delivery and 10 for customer service, even though my furniture had a tiny imperfection - I may not have even noticed it - so the fact the delivery man pointed it scored bonus points with me!

Old 10-23-2017, 08:10 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Did you tip the delivery guys?

Old 10-23-2017, 09:43 AM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunFlower33 View Post
Delivery update:

8-11am was my 3-hour window.

7:48 I got a phone call that they were 2 minutes away. Prompt arrival two minutes later.

Polite friendly delivery/setup men. They told me they used to work for Pilgrim but Jordan's is better pay and work conditions.

My dining table (I ordered table, 4 chairs, bench, sideboard and island) had a tiny little splotch on one corner that one of the men found as he was unwrapping it. He immediately called the dispatch and sent a photo of the blemish. They offered to bring me a new table the next day (Saturday - but I was busy and couldn't be home) so they scheduled it for the next day I was able to available at home - and left me the table with the little boo-boo until my new one comes.

Overall - I give them a 10 for sales at the New Haven location, 10 for delivery and 10 for customer service, even though my furniture had a tiny imperfection - I may not have even noticed it - so the fact the delivery man pointed it scored bonus points with me!
Thanks for the update. I'd leave feedback for them on their site or other areas where people are looking for a feedback for them.

If the spot wasn't bad I would of requested some money back and just live with that table.. I did that with my Home Cheapo granite kitchen counter. Chose the Granite Slab at the warehouse, they installed it. Not only there was a blemish in one area, but my initials weren't even underneath anywhere. Wasn't the slab I picked. Inspector for them came out and agreed. So what was about $3000 ended up only costing $1800. They gave me $1200 back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut