Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 07:43 AM

184 posts, read 106,675 times

Advertisements

I like a good attack ad myself, so I am glad to see some more of those now rather then the pie in the sky promises that will never happen type of ads.

Boughton is running the "i think i have the lead so do not ********** up with a dumb ad" type of ads. Shaking hands, walking around some manufacturing plant. Just missing kissing the babies and standing at salute at a Memorial day parade. Boring. Go after one of your opponents the way they are going after you now! Show some backbone!

I do find the whole he is a Republican who voted for a Democrat for President as some kind of death mark to be a pretty stupid attack. I get maybe it works with the deep base, but knowing who ran last time, maybe not be such a shot across the bow as they think. I dont know, maybe I am wrong, but feels like all the R's could do better.

Scariest commercial is the William Tong for Attorney General one, the tone is really dark. I get it, but it makes me want to curl up in a ball under the covers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 07:58 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,836,286 times
This ad for Tong ? Gotta love the end where he says "we have fight back for all of us" while he's sitting in the back seat of a car being chauffeured around ? LOL don't think he's "all of us" I thought CT was full of smart people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5dYRR44l3I

Old 08-08-2018, 09:00 AM

184 posts, read 106,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
This ad for Tong ? Gotta love the end where he says "we have fight back for all of us" while he's sitting in the back seat of a car being chauffeured around ? LOL don't think he's "all of us" I thought CT was full of smart people.
No its a different one where he talks about all the groups he is going to fight back against.

One last comment from me on the Obsitnik ad's with the Hartford insider - i have seen only two of them (and even though I am new to the state I could call wrong on the 6k job comment), but i would have liked to see more of a series of them. Keep pointing out using the imbecile on what things are wrong and how you want to fix them. The Navy one is dumb, you are proud you are in the Navy, understandable, but what does the Navy mean to CT? Highlight that! We build great ships? Some people may not know. Touch on that tradition and how you may want to build on it while the Hartford insider plays dumb? Would have worked better.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:13 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,314,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUHuskies01 View Post
I like a good attack ad myself, so I am glad to see some more of those now rather then the pie in the sky promises that will never happen type of ads.

Boughton is running the "i think i have the lead so do not ********** up with a dumb ad" type of ads. Shaking hands, walking around some manufacturing plant. Just missing kissing the babies and standing at salute at a Memorial day parade. Boring. Go after one of your opponents the way they are going after you now! Show some backbone!

I do find the whole he is a Republican who voted for a Democrat for President as some kind of death mark to be a pretty stupid attack. I get maybe it works with the deep base, but knowing who ran last time, maybe not be such a shot across the bow as they think. I dont know, maybe I am wrong, but feels like all the R's could do better.

Scariest commercial is the William Tong for Attorney General one, the tone is really dark. I get it, but it makes me want to curl up in a ball under the covers.
They all have to do the hand shaking and walking around plants in slow motion so people won't miss it LOL. You forgot the ones where they put on a hard hat and randomly point around blueprints. We all know once the camera is off, they take the hat off and leave the site. It's all a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut