Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 03:24 PM

6,587 posts, read 4,972,969 times

Advertisements

I saw this late last night - heartbreaking! I read someone's comment that they felt she stumbled over some words in one of her last broadcasts, and they had wondered what was wrong. I wonder if they'll say what happened. I really liked her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2019, 03:35 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I saw this late last night - heartbreaking! I read someone's comment that they felt she stumbled over some words in one of her last broadcasts, and they had wondered what was wrong. I wonder if they'll say what happened. I really liked her.
Uh oh. If that's true, might have been a stroke.

Old 12-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Uh oh. If that's true, might have been a stroke.
That was my first thought, if that was indeed true.

I saw what must've been Dennis' first announcement yesterday, just devestating.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:25 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Patch is reporting she died from a massive heart attack. Makes the most sense for what is described asa “sudden death”. Jay

https://patch.com/connecticut/branfo...d-unexpectedly

Old 12-09-2019, 06:28 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
so sad - a Connecticut icon. A staple of the news here in state. May she rest in peace. Condolences to her family and friends.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:50 AM

6,901 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Its doubtful she had any bad or unhealthy habits, don't know if pre-existing or hereditary conditions existed, but just goes to show. Get regular checkups folks, you never know.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:01 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times
Such a tragedy. I never met her, but know people who did, and everyone has said how lovely she was. She will be missed.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:00 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Its doubtful she had any bad or unhealthy habits, don't know if pre-existing or hereditary conditions existed, but just goes to show. Get regular checkups folks, you never know.
My wife has family that worked with Denise at WFSB for years. She is absolutely shocked. Denise was the type that ate well and exercised regularly. Very health conscious. She walked five miles every day. She did not smoke or drink to excess and had regular doctor’s visits. Apparently she told her husband she was not feeling good and went to bed. She did not wake up. This is why everyone is so shocked by her death.

I caught the end of the CBS Morning News and Gail King who worked at WFSB with Denise for many years before going national, did a tribute to her. I did not see it but did see the closing where Gail again mentioned Denise and how kind and thoughtful she was. The link to the piece is not working yet. I’ll check it later. Jay

Old 12-09-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
My wife has family that worked with Denise at WFSB for years. She is absolutely shocked. Denise was the type that ate well and exercised regularly. Very health conscious. She walked five miles every day. She did not smoke or drink to excess and had regular doctor’s visits. Apparently she told her husband she was not feeling good and went to bed. She did not wake up. This is why everyone is so shocked by her death.
Do you remember in the late 90s this happened to a local radio station employee? Probably on WHCN. He was in his 20s I think, his girlfriend woke up and he was cold beside her. So crazy how something like this happens with no warning.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:17 AM

6,901 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

I caught the end of the CBS Morning News and Gail King who worked at WFSB with Denise for many years before going national, did a tribute to her. I did not see it but did see the closing where Gail again mentioned Denise and how kind and thoughtful she was. The link to the piece is not working yet. I’ll check it later. Jay
To excess or not at all? Terrible. Could have been family history of heart health. Looks like Dad passed way at 74, somwhat still young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut