Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 09:02 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCB View Post
Just thought I would provide an update to this thread. After putting in numerous offers on 4 different homes (3 previous homes we were outbid and all had over 7 offers in) we are closing on a beautiful home in Paradise Green Stratford 2 weeks from today. Home had 8 offers and it was a bidding war. We bought the home for $25k over asking but feel good about it as our appraisal came in at $15k over our sale price and comps in the area are all selling for far higher. Our realtor told us almost every home has a New York couple buying it. Seems to me we wont be the only New Yorkers new to town. Makes you think what this huge influx of us into the area will have on Stratford. My guess is better schools, more development, lots of spending in town. I think Stratford may be coming up in the world, the secret is out!
Congrats on your new home. I have always felt that Stratford, among a few others, was a bit underrated on this forum. Great location, nice neighborhoods (especially in north Stratford). Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 09:15 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,346,956 times
Quote:
Just thought I would provide an update to this thread. After putting in numerous offers on 4 different homes (3 previous homes we were outbid and all had over 7 offers in) we are closing on a beautiful home in Paradise Green Stratford 2 weeks from today. Home had 8 offers and it was a bidding war. We bought the home for $25k over asking but feel good about it as our appraisal came in at $15k over our sale price and comps in the area are all selling for far higher. Our realtor told us almost every home has a New York couple buying it. Seems to me we wont be the only New Yorkers new to town. Makes you think what this huge influx of us into the area will have on Stratford. My guess is better schools, more development, lots of spending in town. I think Stratford may be coming up in the world, the secret is out!

Welcome to Fairfield County! Paradise Green is a great little area. I think you will really enjoy it.

I live in Trumbull which borders Stratford and there is has been an influx of New Yorkers buying into the towns on the coast in Fairfield County. You are correct. When we all finally get out of our houses after Covid I think there will be more energy in the area.

Old 12-04-2020, 04:07 PM

13 posts, read 15,285 times
Totally agree with you all! Im encouraged with what the Mayor and town council are doing in Stratford to revitalize the area and get some further tax revenue. Let’s lower the mill rate and support investment in town! I think it’s a bit of a renaissance going on in Stratford. Lots of money coming in and people starting families. It’s the last affordable town in Fairfield County and us New Yorkers have taken notice.

Old 12-04-2020, 05:16 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Totally agree with you all! Im encouraged with what the Mayor and town council are doing in Stratford to revitalize the area and get some further tax revenue. Let’s lower the mill rate and support investment in town! I think it’s a bit of a renaissance going on in Stratford. Lots of money coming in and people starting families. It’s the last affordable town in Fairfield County and us New Yorkers have taken notice.
Eh, there are plenty of affordable towns in Fairfield County. Shelton, Monroe, Danbury (city), Bethel, Newtown, New Fairfield etc.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:02 PM

6,900 posts, read 3,738,611 times
Quote:
What a day. Another CT Forum success story. They're piling up.
You're going to love it. No bones about it. You kept at it with the offers, never gave up. The hard work paid off coming away with the ultimate prize...A home in Stratford, CT. Any town, it wouldn't have mattered.
There's a reason why they call it Paradise Green. You'll see.

Congratulations and start packing!

Old 12-04-2020, 09:56 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Paradise Green is a beautiful neighborhood. We have friends there and they love it. Congratulations. I’m sure you will be happy there. Thanks for the update. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut