Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 02:29 PM

35,274 posts, read 57,463,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Job hopping used to be frowned upon. Just join linkedin and take a look around. I've seen three years, two years, one and even months experience. someone I know just had a promotion. Since 2003 she's on job 7. Another person I know does technical writing. She's had 40 clients in about twenty years. Have no clue how she's retiring or getting health care but obviously if she was bad she wouldn't have 40 clients. If companies can move but people can't then who has the advantage? It's easier to move if you are renting for the most part. At the same point work from home kinda changed a fair amount.

Now the other difference I'd see is if renting is more than owning. For me it was. The amount of rent for me covers my mortgage, food, phone, internet, electric, water and gasoline. I get equity, space, tax breaks, more quiet etc.
That’s true. Not to sound like an old geezer but when I started out it was stay at a job a minimum of five years. That got reduced to whatever it is today. Prior to my start time, it was stay until youbwere vested for a pension which was usually ten years. I think that with the advent of 401k retirement plans and company’s less vested interest in retaining employees long term changed the employment world. Who knows if it’s for the best. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 07:04 AM

4,533 posts, read 3,437,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Nah, bulk of families with children are looking for single family homes on yards with forest, rent or buy, not two bedroom apartment complexes. The kids would be at each others throats cooped up in an apartment. Single family homes sales in Fairfield County and CT are up dramatically since LY. The proof is in the pudding. There's no denying it. You can google it in case you haven't heard. Asking for a source or link would be like asking to see a menu at McDonalds.
That apartment building in Wilton will be close to the Norwalk border so whoever would rent in Norwalk (seniors, singles etc. too) would be looking at those apartments too. Those apartments are really close to the connector in Norwalk and walkable to the train station. That is a good location especially with all the New Yorkers coming to CT. It also appears they are walkable to the little town center where the train station is.

Just because singe family homes sales are up doesn't mean that singles and seniors etc. don't want apartments. There is a ton of new apartments that have come online in Trumbull and it appears they are being rented. We only had one apartment complex and mostly single family homes like Wilton.

Wilton and Trumbull have a lot in common when it comes to 1) bordering a city to the north and 2) having a connector which can get you down to I-95, the Merritt Parkway and Metro North (along the I-95 corridor) quickly. That is a good recipe for developers who would want to put in apartments.

What Wilton is experiencing now with their zoning Trumbull has been through all of this about 10 years ago when all these apartments were proposed. I went to a lot of meetings so I heard the developers get up and speak.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:14 AM

7,305 posts, read 3,979,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
That apartment building in Wilton will be close to the Norwalk border so whoever would rent in Norwalk (seniors, singles etc. too) would be looking at those apartments too. Those apartments are really close to the connector in Norwalk and walkable to the train station. That is a good location especially with all the New Yorkers coming to CT. It also appears they are walkable to the little town center where the train station is.

Just because singe family homes sales are up doesn't mean that singles and seniors etc. don't want apartments. There is a ton of new apartments that have come online in Trumbull and it appears they are being rented. We only had one apartment complex and mostly single family homes like Wilton.

Wilton and Trumbull have a lot in common when it comes to 1) bordering a city to the north and 2) having a connector which can get you down to I-95, the Merritt Parkway and Metro North (along the I-95 corridor) quickly. That is a good recipe for developers who would want to put in apartments.

What Wilton is experiencing now with their zoning Trumbull has been through all of this about 10 years ago when all these apartments were proposed. I went to a lot of meetings so I heard the developers get up and speak.
Trumbull borders a real city, but yeah, everything posted here is on point. It all makes perfect sense. Well done. Keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut