Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 06:31 PM

464 posts, read 312,215 times

Advertisements

[url]http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsupt/unemplt/claimant-guide/uc-288.pdf[/url]

Anyone know anything about this or did it? I know this CT forum is mostly people who move to CT and live here but if I take a new job out of CT (not driveable to here) and my wife’s job goes back to in person (currently remote) and has to quit, can she get state of CT unemployment?

8. You left your job to follow a spouse who is required to move because of a change in employment which would result in an impractical commute.

Some states allow unemployment for trailing spouse, some only for military…I thought CT was neither until I looked it up.

If I voluntarily take a new job out of state (not forced), is that okay for her to get benefits assuming we sell CT house and she has to quit her CT job and we move?

Last edited by Reilly1017; 06-27-2021 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 08:01 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,832,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1017 View Post
http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsup...ide/uc-288.pdf

Anyone know anything about this or did it? I know this CT forum is mostly people who move to CT and live here but if I take a new job out of CT (not driveable to here) and my wife’s job goes back to in person (currently remote) and has to quit, can she get state of CT unemployment?

8. You left your job to follow a spouse who is required to move because of a change in employment which would result in an impractical commute.

Some states allow unemployment for trailing spouse, some only for military…I thought CT was neither until I looked it up.

If I voluntarily take a new job out of state (not forced), is that okay for her to get benefits assuming we sell CT house and she has to quit her CT job and we move?

Post your question here https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/

Lots of knowledgeable people over there. This sub forum is actually the best part of city data IMO.

IMO you are are looking at this the wrong way. If your wife gets called back to the office after working remotely, which makes the job not commutable from your new location, she quits based on that. i.e. job is too far away.

Trailing spouse (in CT) I'm not sure about. I always thought it only applied to spouses that received military orders to move.

Selling your house has nothing to do with unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut