Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 09:02 PM

203 posts, read 239,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route7toRoute202 View Post
If you're into trains the Danbury Railway museum is open on weekends. I've been there many times in the past with my grandkids and great grand kids. It's really cool, full of railroad artifacts, you even get to ride in an old train. I think they even moved an old station to their yard in the past few years.
My kids would fall apart quick and want to break all the artifacts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 09:10 PM

203 posts, read 239,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
You really are tapped out. Museums, jump houses, amusement parks, zoos, dinosaurs, ferries, fairies, aquariums, what else is left for kids? That's literally everything. Have you tried signing up for sports teams yet?
It’s more about the process to arrive at said place. Most of these things are a 2 hr round trip excursion.

Done all many times. Next

Old 08-27-2021, 09:26 PM

98 posts, read 89,722 times
So uh, what exactly are you looking for? Because we've recommended to you damned near everything around with no dice.

With regards to the Danbury Railway Museum, all the artifacts are safely located behind glass except for some 19th century railroad ties near the front and some other stuff hanging on the walls. In the railyard itself I don't see how your kids could really break that much. Just try to stop them from climbing into empty coaches/cabooses/locomotives.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:59 PM

7,321 posts, read 3,993,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChicken View Post
It’s more about the process to arrive at said place. Most of these things are a 2 hr round trip excursion.

Done all many times. Next
Maybe even longer than 2 hours in this summer of highway snarls and standstills.
In the Milford area you're down to jump houses. Every kid attraction and activity has been brought forward. They've exhausted all avenues. Every stone unturned. They've emptied the tank. There's nothing left.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:46 PM

1,930 posts, read 2,061,773 times
A couple of regulars here are very familiar with the area, hopefully they will chime in. There’s gotta be a splash pad or great playground or something, somewhere nearby

Old 08-28-2021, 07:47 AM

4,542 posts, read 3,442,422 times
The Trumbull mall has a SeaQuest and I know that is open. They also have other things for young children in the mall too.
https://trumbull.visitseaquest.com
https://www.outandaboutmom.com/2019/...quest-trumbull

The Trumbull Mall has Build-a Bear and also a kids play space.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:39 AM

35,304 posts, read 57,495,159 times
How far are you willing to go? When my kids were young we had no problem with a two hour drive. Some things they liked were Essex Steam Train and Gillette Castle. The Dinosaur Place in Oakdale was fun for them. Then there’s the Mystic Aquarium. They liked the Children’s Museum in West Hartford as well. Roger Williams Zoo in Rhode Island is nice. In Springfield, Massachusetts they have the Dr. Seuss Museum. The Yankee Candle Shop and Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory in Deerfield, Massachusetts was fun. Hope this helps. Jay

Old 08-28-2021, 09:39 AM

4,542 posts, read 3,442,422 times
There is a new art school in Westport and they have classes for kids in age groups 3-5 and K-12.
https://westport.oneriverschool.com/in-studio-camp-2020

There is also the Guilford Art Center and the Silvermine Art School in New Canaan but I am not sure if they have classes for kids as young as yours.
https://guilfordartcenter.org/about-the-school
https://www.silvermineart.org (I doubt Silvermine had classes that young but you can look)

How about music classes too. I am not sure if you can go to just one though.
https://www.musictogether.com/class-locator

It looks like Kindermusic is online only right now but you can keep the kids busy for a while.
https://www.kindermusik.com/classes/virtualclasses/1

Old 08-28-2021, 02:42 PM

21,977 posts, read 28,452,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
A couple of regulars here are very familiar with the area, hopefully they will chime in. There’s gotta be a splash pad or great playground or something, somewhere nearby
Milford has a bunch of playgrounds and a splash pad at Eisenhower park. As well as a story walk.

There’s tons to do but given the OP’s replies I have no idea what to suggest.

Maybe Sports Center in Shelton?

Old 08-28-2021, 03:21 PM

7,321 posts, read 3,993,376 times
[quote=Stylo;61789967]Milford has a bunch of playgrounds and a splash pad at Eisenhower park. As well as a story walk.

There’s tons to do but given the OP’s replies I have no idea what to suggest.

By the time a child reaches age 2-3, toddler parents are playground/splash park experts and whatever a story walk is, that too. They've been to every one built under the sun. By age 5, as in this case, they've emptied the tank. They've done and seen it all. You're at your wits end. The only thing left to do is come on City Data for help. It's the last resort, a hail Mary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut