Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2023, 11:34 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,975,313 times

Advertisements

Broaden your horizons and think of somewhere else to meet people. Personally I couldn't think of a worse place to meet a guy that I'd like to spend my life with. Anyone I've dated, I've met doing other activities. And the ones that also frequented bars ended up with alcohol problems and didn't last long in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2023, 12:31 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,147,287 times
You're 31, not 21. You're very unlikely to meet women in bars. Online dating is where it's going to be at.

You are right about WH in winter though. Those bars have all the ambiance of a New York subway train during rush hour.

There are NO attractive women in these bars? Right. Maybe none that would give you their number anyway.

Old 02-25-2023, 04:43 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
You're 31, not 21. You're very unlikely to meet women in bars. Online dating is where it's going to be at.

You are right about WH in winter though. Those bars have all the ambiance of a New York subway train during rush hour.

There are NO attractive women in these bars? Right. Maybe none that would give you their number anyway.
We’re all guilty of punching above our weight class at one point or another. We’ve all been there.

Old 02-25-2023, 07:58 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I'm not sure kayaking or cooking classes are the way to go for the young crowd. You might give off creepy vibes and it becomes obvious why you're there.

I think they meant if you are really into those things already and maybe something just generically develops while interacting with the club. But if one isn't into that then I fully agree.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:30 AM

278 posts, read 145,351 times
Where in Litchfield county are you.? The area is quite broad. Are you near Torrington? Single women often prefer living in cities. So if you are near Torrington, and want to meet women in the county, that's where you should be going. You may not find late night "night life," but there is plenty to do. Go to the Warner, meet a thespian and take her out on the town for dinner and drinks after a show. Go to starbucks or a another coffee shop and meet a young urban professional sipping on coffee working on her laptop. Go to one of the many restaurants or bars and test your hands at chatting it up with a maytraydee.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnho771 View Post
Where in Litchfield county are you.? The area is quite broad. Are you near Torrington? Single women often prefer living in cities. So if you are near Torrington, and want to meet women in the county, that's where you should be going. You may not find late night "night life," but there is plenty to do. Go to the Warner, meet a thespian and take her out on the town for dinner and drinks after a show. Go to starbucks or a another coffee shop and meet a young urban professional sipping on coffee working on her laptop. Go to one of the many restaurants or bars and test your hands at chatting it up with a maytraydee.
Unless you’re 6’4” chiseled like Adonis and GQ worthy, the odds are very low you would have any success with these desperate attempts. You most likely get dismissed as a creep. Avoid “creepin” and go online and stay in your lane. Don’t punch up.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:42 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Unless you’re 6’4” chiseled like Adonis and GQ worthy, the odds are very low you would have any success with these desperate attempts. You most likely get dismissed as a creep. Avoid “creepin” and go online and stay in your lane. Don’t punch up.
Online even worst you have to compete with entire CT, NYC, Boston and whole world it better go to bars in South Norwalk, Stamford, Downtown New Haven. You have alot of young professionals in Norwalk and Stamford especially.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Online even worst you have to compete with entire CT, NYC, Boston and whole world it better go to bars in South Norwalk, Stamford, Downtown New Haven. You have alot of young professionals in Norwalk and Stamford especially.
You would know better than me. Milford also seems like there was a younger dating crowd the last couple of times I was up there. You know it’s a first date when they barely touch their food and then leave. Sono always seems older now and lots of strollers. I hear Stamford is the place to be for zoomers.
Just don’t go Brian Kohbergering out there.

Old 02-27-2023, 02:39 PM

786 posts, read 824,262 times
Have you been to AJ's?

Old 02-27-2023, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood02 View Post
Have you been to AJ's?
Is that a DJ dance nightclub in Westport?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut