Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 11:02 AM

57 posts, read 47,773 times

Advertisements

The Harvester Rd house is adorable.
It’s pretty small for a family of 4 but it looks like a big enough lot that they could add on to the house eventually. Perhaps there’s a basement that could be finished. I think it would look very cute with window boxes and some paint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2023, 11:35 AM

35,154 posts, read 57,308,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evitathepup View Post
The Harvester Rd house is adorable.
It’s pretty small for a family of 4 but it looks like a big enough lot that they could add on to the house eventually. Perhaps there’s a basement that could be finished. I think it would look very cute with window boxes and some paint.
It is cute and a great neighborhood but I did laugh when I saw you comment on it being small for a family of four. I knew a family of six that lived in a similar home in that neighborhood. It was tight but doable back then. My how much our expectations have changed over the last 50 years. It hurts that builders are tearing these down to build what could be called McMansions. Jay

Old 04-20-2023, 03:39 PM

570 posts, read 482,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It is cute and a great neighborhood but I did laugh when I saw you comment on it being small for a family of four. I knew a family of six that lived in a similar home in that neighborhood. It was tight but doable back then. My how much our expectations have changed over the last 50 years. It hurts that builders are tearing these down to build what could be called McMansions. Jay

If I was OP, I would consider looking at house on Harvester. I pass it everyday. It is one min walk to school and decent lot. I have not looked inside but it looks maintained on outside. Nice front yard. Some plants and white paint and you got a nice home. The only downside of Harvester is some traffic coming off Stratfield Road and buses to and from school..but good family street

Old 04-20-2023, 04:34 PM

4,511 posts, read 3,411,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Yank View Post
If I was OP, I would consider looking at house on Harvester. I pass it everyday. It is one min walk to school and decent lot. I have not looked inside but it looks maintained on outside. Nice front yard. Some plants and white paint and you got a nice home. The only downside of Harvester is some traffic coming off Stratfield Road and buses to and from school..but good family street
This house has lake rights and the lot is almost 1/2 acre. Good start for a complete renovation and that is what they are telling you to do.

"Presented for the first time on the market, here is your opportunity to customize and convert into your dream home........... This .46 acre lot has the potential for upwards of a 3,000 SF home (per town hall)"

Take a look at the pictures. As I woman I say the only thing you can make in this kitchen is reservations.
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/...d/pid_53286728

I am sure this house needs a complete gut job. I would say this house is best for a builder who will put an entire second story on it.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:22 PM

7,169 posts, read 3,900,081 times
One word for Harvester - Junk
Two more words - Money Pit

Nice street and good value in the 3s for a developer. Atleast it’s not a donuts neighborhood. Always a good thing.
I’m sure a few desperate NYers already have offers in over 5 by now

Old 04-20-2023, 07:48 PM

Default Hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
One word for Harvester - Junk
Two more words - Money Pit

Nice street and good value in the 3s for a developer. Atleast it’s not a donuts neighborhood. Always a good thing.
I’m sure a few desperate NYers already have offers in over 5 by now
Tell us how you feel Steve..listen, I would never pay 500k for that place. That home would go for 350k only a few years back. The OP was talking 700k. In this market, you buy that place and put 100K into it and that is decent home with big yard for kids, plus super convenient for school. You can't underestimate being close to school. It makes life easier. Othwerise, you wait for market to collapse..which it will. Jobs are not paying enough to justify what is going on.

Old 04-20-2023, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Tell us how you feel Steve..listen, I would never pay 500k for that place. That home would go for 350k only a few years back. The OP was talking 700k. In this market, you buy that place and put 100K into it and that is decent home with big yard for kids, plus super convenient for school. You can't underestimate being close to school. It makes life easier. Othwerise, you wait for market to collapse..which it will. Jobs are not paying enough to justify what is going on.
Preach to the choir, I hear you, but someone is paying over 5 for it this week probably. Once they settle on one of offers. A NYer would give their left arm for that house, the other one got hacked off in a subway.
Unless they have cash, 700 will be tough on 130 household and 2 kids.

Old 04-20-2023, 09:24 PM

35,154 posts, read 57,308,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
This house has lake rights and the lot is almost 1/2 acre. Good start for a complete renovation and that is what they are telling you to do.

"Presented for the first time on the market, here is your opportunity to customize and convert into your dream home........... This .46 acre lot has the potential for upwards of a 3,000 SF home (per town hall)"

Take a look at the pictures. As I woman I say the only thing you can make in this kitchen is reservations.
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/...d/pid_53286728

I am sure this house needs a complete gut job. I would say this house is best for a builder who will put an entire second story on it.
The house is near Lake Mohegan which is a town owned lake. Any resident of the town can go there, not just those nearby.

The kitchen is rough and obviously would have to be redone but you are paying for the lot and location at that price, not the house. If the kitchen was redone this house would be $600,000 or more.

I hadn’t noticed the deadline for bids in the listing I saw so that means it will go to the highest bidder. I wouldn’t be surprised if a builder bids on it for the lot and tears the house down. Will see. Jay

Old 04-21-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The house is near Lake Mohegan which is a town owned lake. Any resident of the town can go there, not just those nearby.

The kitchen is rough and obviously would have to be redone but you are paying for the lot and location at that price, not the house. If the kitchen was redone this house would be $600,000 or more.

I hadn’t noticed the deadline for bids in the listing I saw so that means it will go to the highest bidder. I wouldn’t be surprised if a builder bids on it for the lot and tears the house down. Will see. Jay
That is a big lot for area. Most are about 1/3 acre. Developers are scooping up all land around Lake area because last part of Fairfield with larger lots with old ranch homes. Harvester is basically old ranch, new 1.2m 2800 sq ft Magnolia farm colonial, old ranch, new 1.2m 2800 sq ft Magnolia farm colonial..sad to say but you are right a developer probably has scooped it up. It shows active but guessing won't be beyond this weekend. I would never live on super busy Morehouse highway but the number of 3K sq foot, 1.5m homes is staggering. It has been going on for 5 years and getting more and more each year. It is true madness.

Old 04-21-2023, 08:58 AM

Quote:
That is a big lot for area. Most are about 1/3 acre. Developers are scooping up all land around Lake area because last part of Fairfield with larger lots with old ranch homes. Harvester is basically old ranch, new 1.2m 2800 sq ft Magnolia farm colonial, old ranch, new 1.2m 2800 sq ft Magnolia farm colonial..sad to say but you are right a developer probably has scooped it up. It shows active but guessing won't be beyond this weekend. I would never live on super busy Morehouse highway but the number of 3K sq foot, 1.5m homes is staggering. It has been going on for 5 years and getting more and more each year. It is true madness.
Right. Buy 525. Tear down 10. Rebuild 600. Sell 1.5. Net 350 after commissions. 200 after cap gains
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut