Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 08:20 AM

6,921 posts, read 3,754,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
It’s definitely gotten worse since Covid. And yes, in more areas than just CT. In the past year I’ve witnessed it in MA, NY, NJ, FL, and UT. .
Since 2020 I've driven south probably a dozen times or more. MD, VA and NC are almost devoid of that behavior. Almost everytime on the reurn trip you hit the CT border and BAM!!, there they are, right on queue, a royal blue WRX with tinted windows and pipes blasting by you. Never fails. Like clockwork. And I'm not even that far into CT.
I don't know whats going on in UT but here in CT, there's absolutley no doubt it has to do with Lamont and the legislatures social criminal justice reform stances, no doubt.

I have to say it again even though I promised I wouldn't, you guys wanted His Royal Highness, you got em!
And you'll do it again the next time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 08:24 AM

21,769 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Since 2020 I've driven south probably a dozen times or more. MD, VA and NC are almost devoid of that behavior. Almost everytime on the reurn trip you hit the CT border and BAM!!, there they are, right on queue, a royal blue WRX with tinted windows and pipes blasting by you. Never fails. Like clockwork. And I'm not even that far into CT.
I don't know whats going on in UT but here in CT, there's absolutley no doubt it has to do with Lamont and the legislatures social criminal justice reform stances, no doubt.

I have to say it again even though I promised I wouldn't, you guys wanted His Royal Highness, you got em!
Oh I almost forgot! I was in VA (Richmond) and witnessed a crazy person once (passing at high speeds on a two lane road), but I barely spent time on the highway there.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:26 AM

21,769 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW2436 View Post
When someone is driving 110 mph, almost hitting cars, weaving in and out in the dark at 10pm, yeah I guess I “will lie”… how would I know if they were drunk or not in the first place?

“Hey, blue Honda civic mile marker 114 on I-91 driving recklessly, speeding, almost hitting people, seems like they could be drunk” isn’t lying if that’s what they are doing. Usually the reply is “thank you for reporting it” and the call ends.
I agree. I've called in quite a few cars over the years. A couple I saw pulled over, so it worked. One time, it resulted in what looked like a legit car chase! (Must've had a warrant out or something)

Old 06-02-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Oh I almost forgot! I was in VA (Richmond) and witnessed a crazy person once (passing at high speeds on a two lane road), but I barely spent time on the highway there.
Yeah, I meant 95, from the EZ pass lanes in NoVa on down it's pretty mellow. There's people with some speed but you dont see the tinted window accord or M3 zipping around flooring it.

And what is it with the tinted windows in both NY and CT, is this 1987

Old 06-02-2023, 09:34 AM

35 posts, read 57,652 times
Quote:
Since 2020 I've driven south probably a dozen times or more. MD, VA and NC are almost devoid of that behavior.
Odd. My friends and family who live in VA and NC (capital areas) also report the exact same increase in reckless driving. Maybe they voted for that too.

Old 06-02-2023, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizharlow View Post
Odd. My friends and family who live in VA and NC (capital areas) also report the exact same increase in reckless driving. Maybe they voted for that too.
That very well could be the case . I'm just talking from my personal experiences on the highway.
I also don't see it in the Myrtle Beach area but I do hear they get it during bike weeks.
Again, I'm here in CT and NY 24/7 so I'm going to see it more often. If others can report they see it in places they dont' live in regularly then I can do the same for not seeing it some place I visit.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:00 PM

163 posts, read 130,663 times
Quote:

It's also the Range Rovers and Porsches. At this point, when I'm driving on 95 near an exit, I automatically assume that someone will violently cross over from the left lane at the last second to reach the right-sided exit, and force everyone around to maneuver defensively. This is standard behavior now, I don't think you can call 911 for this.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:05 PM

927 posts, read 759,957 times
South Florida. A Honda coming out of the gas station parking lot stopped then drove right into the side of a Mustang that was stopped at the red light. Hopped out and screamed "Your car hit my tire, don't call the police, lets settle this right now.' The Mustang said "I have to call the police its the law here." You all have nothing to complain about.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:50 PM

1,930 posts, read 2,041,717 times
I’ve driven a fair amount in CT, NY, MA, PA, MD, and VA recently.

CT is the absolute worst as far as speed and lack of enforcement. 84 east in Southington is really bad, but I have seen horrible behavior on local roads too, especially route 6 in Southbury.

NY has been okay, but I have mostly driven upstate. PA was fine too, probably because of truck traffic. VA doesn’t mess around with speeding enforcement so that was also okay. MD was not as bad as CT, but still pretty crazy.

Old 06-02-2023, 02:10 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,149,578 times
Everyone's going to of course laugh at me but I'll say it anyway: one more reason to take the train or the rapid bus system if it's at all convenient to where you are. I saw they announced they are building a new Hartford Line train station in Enfield so I saw a bunch of people online complaining it's such a waste and no one is going to use it...... But of course these are the same people who complain about what a nightmare death trap 91 is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut