Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 08:02 AM

4,451 posts, read 3,344,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I like Find Your Vibe.
It suggests that while CT is not considered a top tourist destination, you can still make due with what suits you - find your vibe, whether it’s a beach in the east, hiking in Litchfield, Mystic, kayaking around the Thimbles, a romantic weekend at the Madison Surf club, and others.
CT Find your Vibe

I like it too but it might be too "California". That would be a great slogan for artists, musicians and creatives but someone actually has to get down to the hard work of business.

You see the creatives can design product but someone has to get down to the business of actually MAKING stuff and that is the business an.

The word "make" is good. It connotes that hard CT WORK ethic and Yankee ingenuity. The land of steady (work) habits.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to give you myself as an example. I can't even think of going to a place in retirement where I am not close to a large creative community. When I don't have the constraints of paying a big mortgage I want to start a little business and design product, start a website to sell that product.

I can't even contemplate retiring and going to the beach, playing pickleball etc 100% of the time. I can't wait for the day I have more time to have CREATIVE FREEDOM without having to worry.

CT IMO is the best place to do all that. To keep creating and striving to be relevant in my creative endeavors for as long as I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2023, 08:18 AM

6,887 posts, read 3,732,518 times
That’s wonderful Art, but I was talking about Find Your Vibe only.
I’m ok if that sounds too CA because I love CA. It’s full of creative and artsy types. In CT, like CA, you can ski and go to the beach on the same day. You can hike a hill and create at the same time. Give me an art museum to check out with some 70s hard rock playing in the background I’m good to go. Sign me up. I love art.
Maybe they can change it to Find Your Vibe and Make it Happen.

Still Revoltionary sounds like a bunch of old men on front porches with muskets complaining about even the smallest of things.

Old 10-21-2023, 01:52 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,083,649 times
Quote:
That’s wonderful Art, but I was talking about Find Your Vibe only.
I’m ok if that sounds too CA because I love CA. It’s full of creative and artsy types. In CT, like CA, you can ski and go to the beach on the same day. You can hike a hill and create at the same time. Give me an art museum to check out with some 70s hard rock playing in the background I’m good to go. Sign me up. I love art.
Maybe they can change it to Find Your Vibe and Make it Happen.

Still Revoltionary sounds like a bunch of old men on front porches with muskets complaining about even the smallest of things.
Well that certainly is a revolutionary concept eh?

Old 10-21-2023, 03:04 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,918,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
I was only referring to Malloy and Rell. Malloy was up in Maine not very long after his term ended. If he is back, which I don't doubt he is like you say, it's only because he was crappy at his job up there. But after looking this up on Google he actually might still be employed by them? In any case, he was in Maine very quickly.
Though Malloy took a job in Maine when he left office, he and his wife never moved there. He may have taken an apartment up there but in fact she kept very active in the organizations and causes she became involved with while he was Governor. Jay

Old 10-21-2023, 03:10 PM

34,021 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Though Malloy took a job in Maine when he left office, he and his wife never moved there. He may have taken an apartment up there but in fact she kept very active in the organizations and causes she became involved with while he was Governor. Jay
He had to have some residence, too far to drive several times a week.

Old 10-21-2023, 07:31 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,810,469 times
I don't see Lamont technically leaving but he does have another house in maine. I get a sinking feeling he isn't running again though. Lamont might be in a second term as governor but his political career started more than 15 years ago. I can see republicans using CT as an example and then biden thinking he's a liability. Even if things seem fine here it could be an issue. Just like how it was really Al Gore that brought up Willy Horton back in the day, not Bush.

State and even local slogans I don't think really do much. It just seems like a gimmick

Old 10-21-2023, 07:50 PM

4,451 posts, read 3,344,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post

State and even local slogans I don't think really do much. It just seems like a gimmick
This is one of the greatest slogans of not just a state/city, IMO it's one of the greatest slogans in all advertising. It's like the Mona Lisa of the graphic art and advertising world.

I ❤️ NY

"In 1976, New York designer Milton Glaser sat in the back seat of a taxi and arranged three capital letters and a stylized red heart into one of the most effective slogans in contemporary branding history..............The campaign was intended to last only two months; instead, it has endured for almost half a century."
https://wordworking.medium.com/the-h...r-d29808ddddb8

That slogan has probably generated billions of dollars for NY states bottom line. If only CT could have something 1/2 as good as that.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:31 AM

10,069 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
There is a psychological effect to slogans. This doesn't happen overnight and generally, people don't realize how they and others are affected by a slogan because it happens slowly over time. In a way it's similar to how advertisements work. That's another one people think it doesn't affects them when it does.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:34 AM

6,887 posts, read 3,732,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Well that certainly is a revolutionary concept eh?
I took it as let's keep everything colonial like in the Revolutionary War days, but I see what you mean. That's fine then

Old 10-25-2023, 09:13 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,083,649 times
Quote:
I took it as let's keep everything colonial like in the Revolutionary War days, but I see what you mean. That's fine then
I have to admit the picture of a half dozen Minutemen sitting on a porch in Hartford cleaning their Muskets circa 1775 would make a fine Norman Rockwell painting. . CT was General Washington's main provider of weapons such as Muskets during the war. He also had a HQ in the state in the Hartford area to the worst of my knowledge. Heard it was Simsbury. Try to look at it this way, if this country had not fought for and won its independence from England, what would the world look like today? An even bigger mess. And the Red Coats are coming again.

CT was known as the Land of Steady Habits among other things. Also, for its pioneering and innovative ideas in business. Eli Whitney and the Cotton Gin comes immediately to mind. While CT has always been somewhat stodgy and Conservative in its values outside of business until the last few decades, it was always a pioneer in the business world.

The word itself has multiple definitions. My guess is that it is used in an all encompassing definition to showcase the importance of this state to the rest of the nation and world. Good slogan.

Last edited by WILWRadio; 10-25-2023 at 09:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut