Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 06:08 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodwindsRock View Post
What are you talking about? I'm a bi woman.
You were so good at hiding it that it confused me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 06:26 AM

4,449 posts, read 3,343,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Why would a gay guy worry about abortion?
Maybe he is a good, compassionate, empathetic person and he wants to see 50% of the population being treated kindly, fairly and with the same freedoms others enjoy?

And maybe the women in his life might need those freedoms one day to perhaps to save their lives?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said this in another thread right after Row vs Wade got overturned. I think there will eventually be a migration of YOUNG adults to blue states because of the above. I also think that this will be a bigger topic than people think in the upcoming election. I think more woman (especially of childbearing age) are going to vote in the next election.

Last edited by CTartist; 03-15-2024 at 06:50 AM..

Old 03-15-2024, 07:18 AM

6,881 posts, read 3,729,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
How much time have you spent there? How many people have you really interacted with there? You can spend limited time in or near a big city in a red state and not see the things mentioned. Spend more time there and you’ll see it.
Same can be said for more rural CT (Waterbury area too) and CA, NY, OR, WA, CO and so on. Same thing as rural reds.

Thanks but I'll still be in CT for a few years and the foreseeable future, hammering away with all these hoighty toighties in coastal FCounty. And the Stripers are already biting big out in the Sound and inlets - thank you Climate Change.

Old 03-15-2024, 09:15 AM

424 posts, read 159,516 times
I agree that there will be a migration to blue states, and not just me. The problem is that a lot of people facing the taking away of freedoms in red states are already financially disadvantaged and make low wages just because of where they live, keeping them stuck in place. This is tragic and will certainly make the migration smaller than it should be.

As for why a billionaire would move out of CT, it likely has nothing to do with “Jesus and Guns”. As if you don’t have full freedom to worship Jesus in CT. My parents are Christians and are moving to CT with no worry about religious freedom. If anything they’re moving, like me, to get away from religion being forced into government.

I do not know CT gun laws so I won’t speak on that. But the fact of that neither of these factors seem of concern to a billionaire. Billionaires have immense amounts of privilege which easily allows them to get around laws (like how a billionaire woman can easily leave their red state to get an abortion and not feel any financial risk at all).

No, what a billionaire cares about is money and only money. Hoarding their wealth and making more money. Perhaps they don’t like CT’s higher cost of living and taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You were so good at hiding it that it confused me too!
I don’t think I was, though. Lol It’s always been right there on my profile and I made it clear in the topics I created.

The part you bolded of my post you quoted I was describing how my boss automatically assumed an ex I was vaguely mentioning was male, the reason for which is because I’m a woman and she assumed I was straight.

Old 03-15-2024, 09:28 AM

6,881 posts, read 3,729,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1615 View Post
you people?
People who live and die by either MSNBC or FOX news networks. Their minds are swallowed whole by those shows. They literally have no life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodwindsRock View Post
As for why a billionaire would move out of CT, it likely has nothing to do with “Jesus and Guns”. As if you don’t have full freedom to worship Jesus in CT. My parents are Christians and are moving to CT with no worry about religious freedom. If anything they’re moving, like me, to get away from religion being forced into government.
Yeah, no, billionaires just move because they can. It has nothing to do with any of the noise.
And if you were a billionaire you wouldn't be so begrudging

Old 03-15-2024, 10:58 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
How much time have you spent there? How many people have you really interacted with there? You can spend limited time in or near a big city in a red state and not see the things mentioned. Spend more time there and you’ll see it. Good luck with your move.
I live in a red state and I see absolutely none of what people are referring to here. Nobody near me is religious (or really even discusses religion nor is racism of any form isn’t tolerated here - and it’s pretty diverse). I travel regularly to Sarasota and don’t see it there, either. I’d say living here for six years qualifies as spending a lot of time here, too.

Old 03-15-2024, 12:13 PM

372 posts, read 155,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I live in a red state and I see absolutely none of what people are referring to here. Nobody near me is religious (or really even discusses religion nor is racism of any form isn’t tolerated here - and it’s pretty diverse). I travel regularly to Sarasota and don’t see it there, either. I’d say living here for six years qualifies as spending a lot of time here, too.
Good for you. People are just sharing their experiences and opinions. Yours is favorable, terrific.

Florida is a big state.

Every state has pockets. Example, I wouldn’t say what you find in Austin, TX is representative of all of Texas.

Old 03-15-2024, 12:54 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW2436 View Post
Good for you. People are just sharing their experiences and opinions. Yours is favorable, terrific.

Florida is a big state.

Every state has pockets. Example, I wouldn’t say what you find in Austin, TX is representative of all of Texas.
If you can’t have a simple discussion without a snarky tone, why have a discussion at all?

Old 03-15-2024, 03:14 PM

372 posts, read 155,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
If you can’t have a simple discussion without a snarky tone, why have a discussion at all?
It’s a low traffic Internet forum, not that serious

Old 03-15-2024, 05:34 PM

14 posts, read 6,692 times
I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept that whiny entitled billionaires that own 6 or 12 houses are "leaving Connecticut" or any other jurisdiction.

They are declaring a new primary residence to avoid paying taxes.

It's like a playbook for them.

The annals of history are filled with headlines about Elon Musk moving his company to another state or Jeff Bezos "Moving to Miami".

Next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut