Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC252 View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! MILFORD IS HORRIBLE!!! THEIR IS NOTHING TO DO..all the kids that grow up there end up doing drugs and drinking and getting arrested because their is nothing to do their..HOW DO I KNOW? I GREW UP THERE! Don't be fooled by downtown either..BORING..Milford is a horrible boring town with rude people..the schools are horrible and have the highest drop out rate in the State..yes you can look that up too..i moved out of here and thank god for that..
Your posts on this Board are pretty negative and have little in the way of facts to back them up. They simply sound like rants which most people will take with a grain of salt. If you have facts to back up your statements then present them but I can tell you the drop out rate in Milford is not the highest. Check out the link below for information on this. Jay

Strategic School Profiles by District
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 06:30 AM

53 posts, read 257,565 times
what are you talking about? Are you in the right state of mind? Why such a negative view on something without giving any proof. Stop giving negative views here...ppl look at the site to make their lifelong decision of buying properties and your argument does not auger well here...

Old 09-22-2008, 06:55 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC252 View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! MILFORD IS HORRIBLE!!! THEIR IS NOTHING TO DO..all the kids that grow up there end up doing drugs and drinking and getting arrested because their is nothing to do their..HOW DO I KNOW? I GREW UP THERE! Don't be fooled by downtown either..BORING..Milford is a horrible boring town with rude people..the schools are horrible and have the highest drop out rate in the State..yes you can look that up too..i moved out of here and thank god for that..

just another troll...

Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,806,067 times
Actually, I think he just may be trying to keep Milford's charm by trying to scare off potential relocators to our nice little City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
just another troll...

Old 09-22-2008, 09:50 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
Actually, I think he just may be trying to keep Milford's charm by trying to scare off potential relocators to our nice little City.

Hard to say since he also said that there are no pros to living in CT. Maybe he is trying to preserve the state as a whole??

Old 09-28-2008, 10:12 AM

46 posts, read 180,425 times
I can't beleive no one answered this!!
I live in Orange, go to Milford a lot. Milford is a good place to raise a family. There are lots of good neighborhood.>>>>>

I am still trying to figure out where everyone is finding Jobs in Milford. I have to go to Waterbury as there were no good paying jobs in Milford. Maybe it's my industry.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:15 AM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! MILFORD IS HORRIBLE!!! THEIR IS NOTHING TO DO..all the kids that grow up there end up doing drugs and drinking and getting arrested because their is nothing to do their..>>>>>>

Take me for example. I graduate from Milford schools and have had about 12-15 beers in my life and Champain on my wedding day. Never did drugs. How do I fit this example?

Old 09-28-2008, 10:18 AM

These must be the kids that don't go to UCONN, lol, because there are a ton of people in UCONN that are from Milford. They all brag to me that their mall is much better than the one in Waterbury. So if there's a mall there, I'm sure there are other things to do for kids>>>>>

Not big on malls, but Milford's has more to offer. I live in Milford and work in Waterbury (walk in Brassmills over my lunch), so I see them both constantly. Three years ago before the expansion of Milford's, Waterbury's would of been many times better.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:07 PM

9 posts, read 38,118 times
Default Milford,Ct vs. Stratford,Ct

My fiance and I are thinking of making a move from NYC to CT. We have been looking at both Milford and Stratford. My fiance works right by Grand Central and I work in Bronx,NY. Living near the metro north station is important.
We are both in our early 30's and would like to live in an area where there are nice restaurants, perhaps a walkable downtown, good shopping and just nice spots to hang out. We are low key. We would like to live in a town that has a suburban, residential feel but not isolated from shops and things to do.
Just wondering which town CT residents would recommend. Our max that we would spend for a house is 400,000.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:58 AM

131 posts, read 479,521 times
We just moved to Stratford from the Bronx and are loving it. It does have nice restaurants, but not all of it is walkable. For $400,000 you could buy a VERY nice house here, we bought a three bedroom with a basement, garage and .11 acre of land for less than $250,000, taxes under $4000, and it doesn't need too much work. Our daughter got into a wonderful school too. We haven't explored Milford a lot yet, but it does have a great mall, route 1 is filled with stores, and there is a State Park on the sound. If you run a search you'll find lots of posts about both towns. This site helped us make our decision. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut