Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 08:49 AM

56 posts, read 150,790 times

Advertisements

We're moving from Westchester County to CT and prefer to enroll our boys in a Catholic school. Which parishes are the really vibrant ones? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 09:43 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
When you say Fairfield do you mean the county or the town? In the Town of Fairfield, there are very active parishes at Holy Family, Assumption, St. Thomas and St. Pius Churches. Jay

Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM

33 posts, read 89,769 times
A couple of other towns with excellent Catholic schools are Stamford, Holy Spirit School, Our Lady Star of the Sea School, St. Cecilia School, Trinity Catholic Middle School and Trinity Catholic High School, and Sacred Heart School, in Trumbull: Saint Catherine of Siena School, St. Teresa School & St. Joseph High School you can find the complete list at bridgeportdiocese.com. If you go into Milford: St. Gabriels school; St. Ann School, St. Mary School, which are all elementry schools. For High Schools, Lauralton Hall(Milford) for girls and Notre Dame(W. Haven) for boys. For a complete list in the Hartford Diocese visit www.adh-ocs.org which includes all of the New Haven County schools.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:04 AM

56 posts, read 150,790 times
Default Thank you. I meant the County, not necessarily the town.

I have the list from the Diocese of all their schools (I guess it wouldn't include order-based Catholic schools). While I'm certain all the parish schools are good, my experience is that there are generally one or two standouts in a metro area. I mean "standout" in the sense of a growing community, the scope of activities offered and involvement of parishioners.

So, my real question is, which would you pick if you had the luxury of choosing?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:05 PM

639 posts, read 2,712,274 times
Fairfield prep is another High School I don't think was mentioned.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:56 AM

13 posts, read 41,590 times
Fairfield Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakaway_Girl View Post
I have the list from the Diocese of all their schools (I guess it wouldn't include order-based Catholic schools). While I'm certain all the parish schools are good, my experience is that there are generally one or two standouts in a metro area. I mean "standout" in the sense of a growing community, the scope of activities offered and involvement of parishioners.

So, my real question is, which would you pick if you had the luxury of choosing?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,072 times
Default catholic schools ct

These CT catholic schools were awarded Blue Ribbon status (top 10% of all elementary schools nationwide)
Blue Ribbon Schools Program - Elementary - National Catholic Educational Association
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut