Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,351,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Public beaches are designated for people. Rover won't miss the beach. He won't think you're a bad daddy for leaving him home that day. It won't bother him that he didn't get to lay out and catch a tan with you. There are times when dogs are allowed - and that's when the beaches aren't generally sprawling with people. There are specific areas where dogs are allowed - and they are places where people won't wonder what their kids just sunk their toes into when playing tag.
Hate to break it to ya, but there are millions of us who plan vacations WITH our animal companions (which renders your sacasm rather null), and we're growing every day. Yeah, there are many bad pet owners. I outta know; I volunteer for a rescue. But I take offense at those who automatically think that dog=mess when I can't TELL you the number of times my beach days were ruined (again and again) by whinning, shieking, sand-kicking kids and their clueless, child-centric parents.

I came on here because I wanted to do some extended driving/vacationing with my WELL-BEHAVED canine and was merely inquiring. But I'll stick to Cape May where dogs are welcomed on several pristine beaches. Thanks a lot.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:17 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
Hate to break it to ya, but there are millions of us who plan vacations WITH our animal companions (which renders your sacasm rather null), and we're growing every day. Yeah, there are many bad pet owners. I outta know; I volunteer for a rescue. But I take offense at those who automatically think that dog=mess when I can't TELL you the number of times my beach days were ruined (again and again) by whinning, shieking, sand-kicking kids and their clueless, child-centric parents.

I came on here because I wanted to do some extended driving/vacationing with my WELL-BEHAVED canine and was merely inquiring. But I'll stick to Cape May where dogs are welcomed on several pristine beaches. Thanks a lot.
Why are you so bitter?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 AM

I'm not bitter; just telling it like it is

Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:

Just for the record, I'd be in favor of a beach that disallowed both dogs and screaming kids. Let me know if you find one.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:05 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
I'm not bitter; just telling it like it is
I hear you, it's frustrating but the dog doesn't care if it's at the beach or not. As long as they're with you, thats all they care about!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Just for the record, I'd be in favor of a beach that disallowed both dogs and screaming kids. Let me know if you find one.
ITA! And a beach that forbids smokers, too.

JFTR, I'm fine with limiting dogs (and kids, for that matter) to certain seasons/time of day. I know of several other year-round dog and kid-friendly destinations to go to instead.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:23 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
I don't go to public beaches anymore, because of whining shrieking kids, because of people with loud radios, because of insensitive adults, and because of litter. I'm just glad the private beach I get invited to has none of that - AND no dogs.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Well, you've got about 90% from which to choose that don't allow dogs - and I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to work with you on disallowing the screaming kids...

Old 05-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I don't go to public beaches anymore, because of whining shrieking kids, because of people with loud radios, because of insensitive adults, and because of litter. I'm just glad the private beach I get invited to has none of that - AND no dogs.
Well, BRAVO for you and your private-beach friends. And i'm really quite gratified that you attend a beach which disallows dogs; you'd more than likely ruin their day

Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Yeah, there are many bad pet owners. I outta know; I volunteer for a rescue.
Aha, the magic words. Rescue volunteer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut