Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:30 AM

77 posts, read 325,497 times

Advertisements

Don't even consider anything Polish or Greek for pizza in Hartford. Hartford has a Little Italy for pete's sake!

Franklin Avenue, a couple minutes from downtown, is the traditional Little Italy in Hartford. It has become less and less Italian (more Puerto Rican) as the years go on, but still features several Italian shops and bakeries. Franklin Giant Sub serves the best sandwiches in the city, in my opinion.

The Chinese joints in Hartford are essentially all quality. If your in the mood for the exotic however, i recommend Jamaican. Hartford has THE BEST Jamaican cuisine in Connecticut. Just stop by one of the Jamaican markets or bakeries.

Lena's Pizzeria on Park Street is also good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 PM

625 posts, read 2,050,916 times
One of my listing clients this year downsized and moved into the Hartford 21. He loves it, all of the amenities, valet parking, conceirge, etc. And his 1-block walk to work isn't bad either. My husband works downtown and reports that although the grocery store at the base of the building is a little behind schedule, it will eventually be opening.

I believe they only do a 1-year lease though, so if you were thinking about moving to Farmington when your company relocates, you'd be locked in for a little longer.

Downtown life after work is pretty busy. Weekends are quieter, but there are a few clubs that are popular, Room 960 comes to mind. There are a variety of good restaurants, but as another reviewer said- if you want good pizza, go to New Haven!

If you have any other specific questions, just let me know, I'd be happy to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut