Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 10:50 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
Does anyone know? Is there such a thing as a cell phone that has no features other than sending and receiving phone calls?? Hazel
Buy the most basic phone on the market and use it only for caling and receiving calls. Do not touch any other buttons. Disable or ask the salesperson to disable as many features as possible.
Here is one:
https://smallbiztrends.com/2015/05/l...kes-calls.html

Or get a landline.

Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2022, 05:28 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,253,106 times
Sa,e Same thing again, sde. Gmail says you have a new post. Not here. Was only goiing to say that everyone I've talkled with are wishing the same thing. Someone should take note.

Elnina, I have a landline. Cannot carry that with me. It is hooked up to phone line and has to stay there. I need a simple cell phone that I can carry with me. As for disabling the other features, no go. I did ask. They can remove one because it is theirs. They cannot remove any others. Those

have to stay. I assume that means the others are different businesses putting their apps on this phone. Lots I don't know but do suspect.

All be good and have a good day. Hazel

Old 08-25-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Sa,e Same thing again, sde. Gmail says you have a new post. Not here. Was only goiing to say that everyone I've talkled with are wishing the same thing. Someone should take note.

Elnina, I have a landline. Cannot carry that with me. It is hooked up to phone line and has to stay there. I need a simple cell phone that I can carry with me. As for disabling the other features, no go. I did ask. They can remove one because it is theirs. They cannot remove any others. Those

have to stay. I assume that means the others are different businesses putting their apps on this phone. Lots I don't know but do suspect.

All be good and have a good day. Hazel

Elnine, do you know anyone who has bought and used this phone? Hazel

Old 08-25-2022, 08:02 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
No, but read about it on their website. It's just what you're looking for: to make and receive calls. Nothing more.
The Light Phone is on the market since 2017. You will gets new phone number with it.
Having a phone with no features is expensive, though.

Perhaps you would be interested in this, instead:
https://www.amazon.com/ZTE-Minimalis...ref=mp_s_a_1_5

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09M73TR9P

https://www.amazon.com/Easyfone-Prim...c_dpcp_m_1_m_4

Last edited by elnina; 08-25-2022 at 08:38 AM..

Old 08-25-2022, 08:28 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Was only goiing to say that everyone I've talkled with are wishing the same thing.
I'm going to guess the demographics of these people are very similar.
Quote:
Someone should take note.
They have. This is why basic flip phones still exist.
I don't understand why a basic flip phone that only makes calls and has the capability to text is out of the question. Just buy one and ... don't use it to text.

Old 08-25-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I'm going to guess the demographics of these people are very similar.

They have. This is why basic flip phones still exist.
I don't understand why a basic flip phone that only makes calls and has the capability to text is out of the question. Just buy one and ... don't use it to text.

I have had three "basic flip phones". None were basic. But, yes, just phone and possibly text is fine. I will be investigating some of those mentioned here. Also going to ask Best Buy what they know about the Light Phone. I read that aritlcle and I did not see how to buy it. But I was in a hurry. More things to do. Hazel

Old 08-25-2022, 09:25 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Bestbuy won't help you with Light Phone that started on Kickstarter.

Light Phone 2 is coming out soon. Pre-order here:
https://www.thelightphone.com/products

Old 08-25-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Bestbuy won't help you with Light Phone that started on Kickstarter.

Light Phone 2 is coming out soon. Pre-order here:
https://www.thelightphone.com/products

Thank you. I just made a note. I also learned that there is one for blind people or people with low vision: Mini Vision 2. I can use that. A friend who is blind uses it. Just sends, receives and texts for those with low vision. Also has voice capability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics