Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 05:40 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAVARYFA4Fw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 05:16 AM

667 posts, read 763,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
So the tax payers are subsidizing the initial costs to build and operate wind power projects while our existing reliable and much less expensive energy industry is being dismantled ... then when all we have left available is expensive and unreliable renewable energy ... the tax payer subsidies will end and the cost of energy will skyrocket to the tax payers. This reminds me of the corrupt corporate and government fraud in California years back ... where corporations like Enron created a energy crisis so they could gouge the customers ... and they still cut-off electricity to customers in rolling blackouts while they did it ... all with the blessing of government politicians and regulators ... until they all got caught.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:53 AM

412 posts, read 451,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarddawg View Post
Looks like the land is owned by Lone Star Energy. Lonestar Energy

They have two large tracts, total acreage is over 6000. It's a safe bet that the turbines will be installed on the tops of the ridges to maximize the elevation. That will give them somewhat better wind speeds than would be recorded at a ground level weather station. Their wind data was collected at their proposed site but I'm still skeptical, the past couple of years have been unusually windy, that isn't likely to continue long term. I'm only including wind in my off grid system because in our weather it makes a good balance to solar, when we have very little sun due to cloud cover we usually have some decent wind and short winter days are windier than long summer days. But we can go for weeks at a time without enough of a breeze to turn the blades on a commercial turbine.
It looks like Lone Start Energy owns up to 14 tracts in Cumberland County.

To see them go to Tennessee Property Data Home Page then select Cumberland County. Next enter the three words Lone Star Energy into the property owner box. Correct spelling is critical, case isn't. Now hit return and you will get a list of tracts they own in the county. It appears to contains errors. The first tract listed has a GIS link that points to land belonging to the State of Tennessee.

Drop down to the fifth line and click on the GIS link. You should get a map showing the largest of the Lone Star tracts. To see all the tracts owned by Lone Star Energy on the same map, click on the Search bar on the right. Follow the three steps and you will see all the tracts.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:35 AM

375 posts, read 1,097,371 times
The first tract would be the mineral rights under the state owned land.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:14 AM

412 posts, read 451,777 times
Quote:
The first tract would be the mineral rights under the state owned land.
That's ugly.

Thanks for the clarification.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:41 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Interesting about mineral right.. Going back a year or so Cumberland Coal Company LLC was developing a project on Smith Mountain Road Crab Orchard.. something to do with tunneling under a certain area... then got buried in the news on the last page. When you search for information on the company nothing of any substance comes up

Old 01-20-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Nah, they're based in Sugarland Texas, but it looks like most of their previous electric work has been third world.

Off-grid is very much a moving target at the moment price and capability wise. Hopefully the increased production by Tesla will help drive the price of lithium iron phosphate batteries down a little more, that will be a game changer. The need to balance production and storage costs is the main reason for including wind in my current plans.
Check this out ... look at the Timeline graphic - Lone Star Group

2010 Lone Star Energy Limited was established
It is a fully integrated energy company in Bangladesh. Engaged in electricity generation, transmission and distribution in Bangladesh.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:49 AM

375 posts, read 1,097,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumeby View Post
Check this out ... look at the Timeline graphic - Lone Star Group

2010 Lone Star Energy Limited was established
It is a fully integrated energy company in Bangladesh. Engaged in electricity generation, transmission and distribution in Bangladesh.
And in 2006 Lone Star Energy, Inc. was established in Tennessee as a branch of Lone Star Energy headquartered at the time in Bay City, Texas. The Tennessee branch was dissolved a year later. The whole thing is very hydra-like with new branches appearing and disappearing depending on current projects, land acquisitions, investments, etc. The roots are in Texas in oil and gas and have been around for a long time.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
And in 2006 Lone Star Energy, Inc. was established in Tennessee as a branch of Lone Star Energy headquartered at the time in Bay City, Texas. The Tennessee branch was dissolved a year later. The whole thing is very hydra-like with new branches appearing and disappearing depending on current projects, land acquisitions, investments, etc. The roots are in Texas in oil and gas and have been around for a long time.
It is opaque. If you look at the company management profiles they all appear to be Bangladeshi.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:43 AM

21 posts, read 28,190 times
The VISTA newspaper has been reporting and attending more mtgs on the wind farm. It seems the number of windmills and the area to be used is expanding.
The paper has placed an aerial map of the affected area. I looked on google map, located the fawind farm area and yikes... too close to my land and the home I was thinking about building. I haven't broke ground on home yet as I was waiting to see how close it will be to my land. Some people just think it is no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville