Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 03:28 PM

34 posts, read 41,140 times

Advertisements

We are looking at the Crossville area to possibly build our retirement home. We are shopping long distance and noticing some very attractive prices on land in the Crossville area, some almost to good to be true, starting as low as $2000. Can someone comment on prices of land and new construction in the Crossville area. We would like a small wooded lot ( max 1 to 2 acres) not more than 15 minutes from a good size grocery store. We would prefer no HOA fees and nice view with some elevation. Any suggestions on where to concentrate our search and what to avoid? We are looking for a neighborhood with homes priced in the $100 to $$130 per square foot. 😊 Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 05:33 AM

303 posts, read 294,905 times
Look at the area where you are seeing the $2,000 lots. Those are most likely in Fairfield Glade and on the side of a mountain. And you won't be able to build on them. People buy those lots to gain access to Fairfield Glade's amenities.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:53 AM

320 posts, read 540,694 times
I agree with justindb29. There are many lots in Lake Tansi and Fairfield Glade that are cheaply priced from a few hundred dollars, that have unideal terrain or soil that would only “perc” for asmall 2 BR 1 BA house. Like this poster said, people snatch these up to take advantage of the amenities that these communities offer. FFG and Lake Tansi do have HOA fees,so this may not be where you would want to locate.

I think the prices you are seeing for new construction are accurate.

As Cumberland County sits quite squarely on the Cumberland Plateau, you would need to look at the fringe edges of Cumberland County or near Crab Orchard/FFG to find property with "relative" elevation. However, there are plenty of beautiful views elsewhere in the county.

Many small subdivisions come tomind that may be suitable for you:

Within city limits:
Holiday Hills/Sherwood Forest area – reasonably priced nice wooded lots, close to town
Deer Creek – Few lots remaining, and on the more expensive side, but close to everything.
RidgeView – same as Deer Creek, but more availability.

Outside city limits:
Hickory Ridge – nice wooded lots, but more expensive.
Mountain Vista Estates – more expensive, but great views ofthe mountains to the east, possibly more than 15 minutes to shopping
Willow Creek - Newer subdivision, heavily wooded, near town, but isolated
Stone Crest – affordable lots, heavily wooded.
Sunset Ridge – highly popular, short drive to town, wooded lots, though almost built out.
Cumberland Cove – beautiful, heavily wooded lots, but more isolated and typically bigger than others, also small POA fees

All of those listed above are subdivision type communities, but of course, if this is not what you are looking for, there are some small building lots available elsewhere. The Homestead and Pomona areas come to mind.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:34 AM

5,981 posts, read 3,720,260 times
Excellent post llsmith42! I agree with what you said, although I'm sure that I don't know all those areas nearly as well as you.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:41 PM

34 posts, read 41,140 times
llsmith42 that is just the information I was seeking. Thank you for listing the subdivisions. Now I can do a much better search!

Can anyone suggest a website to search lots and homes for sale in Crossville by subdivision?
Thanks!

Last edited by JMT; 11-02-2018 at 06:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville